How many JPP members were born in the Caucasus?

Lowaicue

英語在香港
Indeed how many know (without looking) which countries actually comprise the Caucasus? And how many JPPs have been to ANY of the countries comprising the Caucasus?

Azerbaijan. Been there. And technically was in Georgia, but I don't really count that. Not that I or any of my ancestors were born there.

I just know off-hand that the Caucasus Mts. are in Central Asia. I am not from there, and neither are my ancestors. A quick Wiki search indicates that there are 7 internationally recognized countries in the Range: Russia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Iran, Turkey, and Nagorno-Karabakh Republic. As my Slovenian ancestors may have come from Greece (they were Greek Orthodox rather than Catholic), the closest I would come is being next door to Turkey. So I am not Caucasian.

I never really counted Iran or Turkey. One or two hills somewhat connected to the mountains doesn't, IMO, mean you're connected to the mountains. Never heard of that last country either though.

I never really counted Iran or Turkey. One or two hills somewhat connected to the mountains doesn't, IMO, mean you're connected to the mountains. Never heard of that last country either though.

Nagorno-Karabakh is still officially part of Azerbaijan, there was a war in the 1990s with Armenia over it.

Back