How many more years till ?

uscitizen

Villified User
We as a nation rationalize it out that it was ok to invade and occupy Iraq for their oil because we need and deserve it ?

after all it will be fine since we are paying them for it.

We as a nation rationalize it out that it was ok to invade and occupy Iraq for their oil because we need and deserve it ?

after all it will be fine since we are paying them for it.

and after all, the Iraqi oil was going to pay for the war, right? :rolleyes:

And the people would be overjoyed and greet our troops with flowers, and no civilians would die, etc., etc., ...

We now have two wars to look back on that were idiotic power trusts into places that sucked us in and trapped us. I think there is a generational shift coming that will make us less likely to do that kind of rationalizing of the rest of the world.

With the internet Americns are much more likely to know people from other countries. The youth are more into the idea of a world full of people just like them than in past genrations where we invisioned the "ChiNee" to be nearly non human and unrelatable.

The world and our country has changed for the better I hope.

what's the moveon talking point on Afghanistan.
I see Obama saying we should focus more their.
I say getting out of Iraq without getting out of AFgh is like kissing your sister.

What's the lastest reason for why the war is one for oil? The cheap flow of late?

not everyone understands yet.
but within a year it will be openly talked about. And fully accepted and possibly even touted by the republican candidate in 2012.

We now have two wars to look back on that were idiotic power trusts into places that sucked us in and trapped us. I think there is a generational shift coming that will make us less likely to do that kind of rationalizing of the rest of the world.

With the internet Americns are much more likely to know people from other countries. The youth are more into the idea of a world full of people just like them than in past genrations where we invisioned the "ChiNee" to be nearly non human and unrelatable.

The world and our country has changed for the better I hope.

I haven't seen you speaking about Obama's need to get out of Afghanistan. He supports sending more troops there.

not everyone understands yet.
but within a year it will be openly talked about. And fully accepted and possibly even touted by the republican candidate in 2012.

ZOMG WWI WAS FOR THE CORPORATIONS TO GET RICH OFF OF!!!!

Of course, we went into a recession from 1918-1922...

No you haven't.

Based on her response it seems see opposes the Afghanistan War. The war is a big issue to many voters and I'm surprised she hasn't at all mentioned her desire for Obama (assuming he wins) to pull the troops out of there.

When have I ever said that we should not have gone to Afganistan?

You guys just make it up as you go?

ok, my fault, I made the assumption when you talked about our two wars. I should have asked. What two wars were you referring to?

Edit: Were you talking about Vietnam?

Oh I thought it was for me.
I have always viewed the 2 differently. I was not stupid enough to believe all that crap about Iraq like most did.

Back