How much oil is the war using ?

uscitizen

Villified User
I wonder how many barrels of oil a day is the war Using ? And how does that impact the price of oil ?

then of course there is the War premium on oil because of instability in the middle east...

And more importantly, what are the effects of the military operations on CO2 emissions and global warming?

I'm sure Cons who were so eager to know how much electricity Al Gore's house used, in their never-ending quest for "liberal hypocrisy", are interested to know.

And more importantly, what are the effects of the military operations on CO2 emissions and global warming?

I'm sure Cons who were so eager to know how much electricity Al Gore's house used, in their never-ending quest for "liberal hypocrisy", are interested to know.

I can just see the post 9/11 debate now... "we need to go after bin Laden and the Taliban in Afghanistan but doing so might increase CO2 emmissions and could have a negative effect on global warming so we will decide not to respond."

I can just see the post 9/11 debate now... "we need to go after bin Laden and the Taliban in Afghanistan but doing so might increase CO2 emmissions and could have a negative effect on global warming so we will decide not to respond."
If the choice is between letting a handful of criminals go for a few weeks longer, on the one hand, and burning down the entire Tahoe National Forest, I'll let the bad boys go. Seriously.

That may seem like an entirely artificial analogy. That's because it is. All I'm trying to say is that there are worse things in this world than Osama bin Laden and the Taliban, and not all of those things are human beings. Most aren't, in fact.

If the choice is between letting a handful of criminals go for a few weeks longer, on the one hand, and burning down the entire Tahoe National Forest, I'll let the bad boys go. Seriously.

That may seem like an entirely artificial analogy. That's because it is. All I'm trying to say is that there are worse things in this world than Osama bin Laden and the Taliban, and not all of those things are human beings. Most aren't, in fact.

That's a good analogy because when you bring up Lake Tahoe you hit home.

I guess I don't even see Dennis K. saying we shouldn't attack another country, especially one that attacked us, based on CO2 emmmissions and global warming issues.

I guess I don't even see Dennis K. saying we shouldn't attack another country, especially one that attacked us, based on CO2 emmmissions and global warming issues.
I haven't seen that either. I guess it ain't sexy. :cool:

Seriously, though, we need to apply the concept of costs and benefits more broadly and inclusively than we're prone to.

What country attacked us ? A group of terrorists attacked us not a country.

Back