Hugh Jackman

Is off my list, he introduced Tom Cruise at the WalMart Shareholders meeting.

Walmart sucks.
Walmart is an immoral company.
Walmart sucks.
I refuse to give them my buisness.
I despise Walmart as a business and as a business model.
Their demise is in the hands of the people.

The chairman of the board welcomed the crowd, followed by a big dance number meant to showcase the global tapestry that is Wal-Mart’s workforce. And that was just the warm-up act.

Enter a smiling Hugh Jackman.

“Hello, world of Walmart!” the actor said at the 2013 Walmart shareholders’ meeting, held last Friday in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Musicians Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson and John Legend performed some of their hit songs. Even Tom Cruise was there to deliver a speech about how the company is “using its size and scale to improve women’s lives around the world.”

While celebrity appearances—especially from Cruise and Jackman—often sound like advertisements for the wisdom and benevolence of Walmarts’ corporate governance, all of the stars are working pro bono.

“We do not pay performance fees for celebrity guests,” Walmart spokesperson Dianna Gee told MSNBC. The company does cover hotel and travel expenses, but otherwise pays celebrities only in exposure for their latest projects.

“Every entertainer that is here has something to do with our business,” said Gee. “There’s some connection from the business, whether it’s CDs, books, or t-shirts.” Film studios and record labels “really work with us” to recruit the talent.

Walmart shareholder meetings have been featuring celebrity guests for years. In 2012, Justin Timberlake hosted the proceedings; the year before, it was Will Smith. Taylor Swift, Ben Stiller, Miley Cyrus and Mariah Carey have all put in past appearances as well.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/06/11/celebrities-praise-walmart-management-at-shareholders-meeting/

ROFL

They all show up to pay homage, because WalMart sells a shitload of their movies and music CD's.

Walmart sucks.

You should have taken him off the list for introducing Cruise... he sucks far more than WalMart could ever hope to suck.

As for WalMart... they provide goods at prices the poor can afford. Why do you hate them for helping the poor Rana? Do you hate the poor?

they ended a long long list of family owned businnesses in this country.

it was their progress plan and it worked to make his kids wealthy beyond belief.

It ruined finacially thousands of small bunsinesses

they ended a long long list of family owned businnesses in this country.

it was their progress plan and it worked to make his kids wealthy beyond belief.

It ruined finacially thousands of small bunsinesses

and it benefited millions of poor people.

You should have taken him off the list for introducing Cruise... he sucks far more than WalMart could ever hope to suck.

As for WalMart... they provide goods at prices the poor can afford. Why do you hate them for helping the poor Rana? Do you hate the poor?

Yes, I hate the poor! You have found me out SF

I also feel bad for all you proles who don't have Meijers. We started the bulk store trend, and still set the standard for it today. Glory to MI.

Walmart sucks.

I hate Walmart. I hate Tom Cruise. But Jackman was probably obligated through his connection to the Marvel movies, so I won't fault him. Then there's the matter below...

GO WOLVERINE!!

whs!

DADDY!

I'm sure you ladies appreciate his talent as much as I do...:)

Though I would seriously never set foot in a Wal-mart, I have to side with Howey here. I mean, look at that. Do you think to yourself "yeah, sorry, no can do cause, you know, wal-mart" or do you think to yourself, "lay down I think I love you!"

If the answer is anything other than the later, you may need a brain scan - you might be dead!

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-phillydeals/Does-Walmart-help-poor-people-.html
Obama adviser Jason Furman has famously claimed that Walmart, the largest U.S. retailer and the largest private employer in Pennsylvania and many other states, saves poor Americans $50 billion a year by selling groceries more cheaply than other chains.

How? Walmart buys in enormous bulk; and it doesn't have to pay union pensions and healthcare, among other old-line grocery expenses.

The claim that Walmart helps the poor has been used to socially justify Walmart's low wages.

But, writing for Reuters, bond-watcher Cate Long pokes holes in Furman's widely-quoted number by pointing out, among other things, that total Walmart grocery sales are less than $75 billion/year.

Read her item here: http://blogs.reuters.com/muniland/2012/11/28/a-truth-bomb-for-walmart-supporters/

As lead grocery shopper for my family of 8, I can testify that Walmart sometimes has excellent prices for canned herring and other packaged goods, but its meat and produce prices are not competitive with my local Shop-Rite. Long says Walmart's former pricing advantage has eroded.

and the Reuter's link
http://blogs.reuters.com/muniland/2012/11/28/a-truth-bomb-for-walmart-supporters/

First: Walmart stores did 30 percent of their annual U.S. sales on “Grocery, candy and tobacco” (page 9) and 30 percent of Sam’s Club sales on “Food” (page 10).

Second: Total food sales between the two divisions was $74.4 billion for 2005 (page 22).

Third: Furman cited an academic study in a 2005 Slate article that claimed Walmart food shoppers were saving around 25 percent on food costs. This would yield savings of approximately $18 billion for the 2005 shoppers, rather than the $50 billion claimed.

It seems mathematically impossible for Walmart’s pricing policies to have saved the poor (or any class) $50 billion in 2005,

The big difference between 2005 and 2012 is that Walmart’s competitors have made aggressive efforts to narrow any differences between their food prices and Walmart’s.

Obama adviser Jason Furman has famously claimed that Walmart, the largest U.S. retailer and the largest private employer in Pennsylvania and many other states, saves poor Americans $50 billion a year by selling groceries more cheaply than other chains.

How? Walmart buys in enormous bulk; and it doesn't have to pay union pensions and healthcare, among other old-line grocery expenses.

The claim that Walmart helps the poor has been used to socially justify Walmart's low wages.

But, writing for Reuters, bond-watcher Cate Long pokes holes in Furman's widely-quoted number by pointing out, among other things, that total Walmart grocery sales are less than $75 billion/year.

Read her item here: http://blogs.reuters.com/muniland/2012/11/28/a-truth-bomb-for-walmart-supporters/

As lead grocery shopper for my family of 8, I can testify that Walmart sometimes has excellent prices for canned herring and other packaged goods, but its meat and produce prices are not competitive with my local Shop-Rite. Long says Walmart's former pricing advantage has eroded.

I got upset with our local Walmart when the manager blocked the handicapped access for cart storage and refused to move the carts, requiring them to walk around the building to the main entrance. Then, when I found out they were firing everyone with tenure and replacing them with , I got a little more upset.

What really got me was when they fired all, every single, elderly door greeters (one was 94) to save a little money.

Bloodsuckers!

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-phillydeals/Does-Walmart-help-poor-people-.html

and the Reuter's link
http://blogs.reuters.com/muniland/2012/11/28/a-truth-bomb-for-walmart-supporters/

LOL... 'as lead grocery buyer'... so you take anecdotal evidence and pretend that translates?

I could care less if Furman's number is precise, whether it is $18B or $50B on groceries alone it is a savings. A savings that is going to the poorest of this nation... given that it is the nations poorest that tend to shop at WalMart.

Back