Human Hair Mats Clean Oil Spills. Why Don't Big Companies Use Them?

how many salons where you live (rhetorical question), first you have to get the salons to save the hair, and thats not necessarily hard as many have vacuums just for hair. then someone has to drive to all of them and collect the hair and take it to a processing center where mats are manufactured. so thats a fleet to man and operate. salons that do mainly men are not going to get you much hair and women are very often just trims so not much there and there is no guarantee how much hair hits the floor in a given week.

so is it ? yes it is. how much do they charge for hair mats ? going to have to be a lot.

how many salons where you live (rhetorical question), first you have to get the salons to save the hair, and thats not necessarily hard as many have vacuums just for hair. then someone has to drive to all of them and collect the hair and take it to a processing center where mats are manufactured. so thats a fleet to man and operate. salons that do mainly men are not going to get you much hair and women are very often just trims so not much there and there is no guarantee how much hair hits the floor in a given week. so is it ? yes it is. how much do they charge for hair mats ? going to have to be a lot.

Did you watch the video?

The hair is donated and mailed.

It's a non-profit.

Is it scalable? I don't know.

Did you watch the video?

The hair is donated and mailed.

It's a non-profit.

Is it scalable? I don't know.

no, I did not watch the video.
as a one off ina locality with a spill issue sure its possible but as an ongoing thing ? thats an expense the salons cant afford.
Sure they will do the one off and they will cut hair being donated for wigs for cancer patients but as a commercial venture ? aint happening.

no, I did not watch the video. as a one off ina locality with a spill issue sure its possible but as an ongoing thing ? thats an expense the salons cant afford. Sure they will do the one off and they will cut hair being donated for wigs for cancer patients but as a commercial venture ? aint happening.

How is it an expense salons cannot afford?

I'm not sure how many of the 7.9 billion people on Earth right now are bald, but that sounds like a sustainable and renewable resource if it was harnessed.

Maybe you might give the video a look before you comment on it. Just a suggestion.

How is it an expense salons cannot afford?

I'm not sure how many of the 7.9 billion people on Earth right now are bald, but that sounds like a sustainable and renewable resource if it was harnessed.

Maybe you might give the video a look before you comment on it. Just a suggestion.

UPS, a box, a plastic bag for the hair, tape to seal the box, hourly rate to prepare the box, deliver it to UPS.
I happen to know stylists and how their business model works. It would have to be worth their wild if anything other than a one off local matter that helps PR.

UPS, a box, a plastic bag for the hair, tape to seal the box, hourly rate to prepare the box, deliver it to UPS. I happen to know stylists and how their business model works. It would have to be worth their wild if anything other than a one off local matter that helps PR.

Think so?

Back