I beat Dark Souls

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
I have linked the fire, and thus prolonged the curse of the undead, but have perhaps extended the existence of order in the world just a bit longer.

Also, I really need to get around to submitting that job application.

But, in the meantime, I beat Dark Souls.

I have linked the fire, and thus prolonged the curse of the undead, but have perhaps extended the existence of order in the world just a bit longer.

Beat this.

Ahhhh....you need to stop posting when you're drinking Skidmark. It's giving Darla the impression that we're running out of lithium.

Real men don't install the extra graphics packs that make it look beautiful, we play it at a 4:3 aspect ratio and deal with the 5 foot draw distance, it enhances the atmosphere.

Yeah, I didn't spend all the money I did on upgrading my computer to play without mods.

And now on my list of torrents.

A word of advice, you probably want a 360 controller for this game. As well, make sure to get a bow as soon as possible, you either have to buy one from the undead merchant or wait for it to drop. This will allow you to aggro enemies from afar so that you don't have to run the risk of getting several on your ass at once - you can easily be overwhelmed and destroyed by even low level enemies in this game. And make sure you become a level 2 chaos servant, so that you can open the shortcut to lost izalith, and murder every sunlight maggot there, to save the best NPC in the game, Solaire.

Other than that, don't look at any guides. I think I ruined a good part of the game spoiling things by looking at them. It's better to not know and try to figure out things yourself.

Noted. And yeah a good controller is required for modern gaming.

Controllers are better for some games than others. It's just that Dark Souls is a really, really shitty port, the default control scheme is garbage, so I just plug a 360 controller in and pretend it's a 360 (as an advantage, if you download DSFix you can play it at a higher resolution and without the 30fps framerate limit the console guys have). We at the PC gaming community are surprisingly not so pissed off about this, it wasn't even supposed to be ported to the PC, some guy at From software posted a petition for a PC version, reddit got ahold of it, and From software was a little overwhelmed with the response. So, we got the Prepare to Die edition rushed out to us, and we're happy as peaches that we have it at all. Now, if Dark Souls 2 is as shitty a port, I will be disappointed.

Note: to become a level 2 Chaos Servant, you will need to feed the "My Fair Lady" spider woman (who appears in a hidden room after the Spider boss) THIRTY goddamn humanity. Once you start playing, you will know how crazy of an amount that is. You will have to farm rats in the depths for like an hour. It's worth it though, IMO. It's also obviously sort of a high level thing, I didn't do it until I was about 70 hours into the game, so it's not something you need to worry about initially.

Back