I Can't Believe

I am legend was pretty good. Those scientologists know something. I think I'll join so I'll finally be good at acting.

I Am Legend was atrocious compared to the novel...they had to gay it up with a Hollywood ending and by removing the plot twist (the plot twist, by the way, that gave the fucking book its title).

I was wondering about that. In the movie humanity survives. I'm guessing in the book, he really is the omega man and is the last of mankind.

I honestly could have stood those people surviving and him giving them the cure.

I couldn't stand seeing the constant references to God and them haphazardly finding the location of that town that no even knew existed. Deus Ex Machina.

What was the plot twist?

I won't read the novel.

Book spoilers ahead:

In the novel, he is really the last person left....no one else. He hunts the vampires during the day, and sleeps at night, trying to find a cure (that much is faithful.) However, he is eventually captured by the vampires, who reveal that they are in fact intelligent rather than the monstrous zombies he thought they were (due to his arrogance)...in the end, he finds out that he is their Legend...because he was awake while they are asleep and killed them in the "night", he was their vampire. He reflects on this as they execute him.

Book spoilers ahead:

In the novel, he is really the last person left....no one else. He hunts the vampires during the day, and sleeps at night, trying to find a cure (that much is faithful.) However, he is eventually captured by the vampires, who reveal that they are in fact intelligent rather than the monstrous zombies he thought they were (due to his arrogance)...in the end, he finds out that he is their Legend...because he was awake while they are asleep and killed them in the "night", he was their vampire. He reflects on this as they execute him.

Yeah, there's no way Hollywood would produce that.

Very sad...it is a great book, written in the 50s before the flood of sci-fi/fantasy/vampire novels that now plagues the literary world.

Yeah, there was a little leak of almost literary science fiction in the 50s and 60s, that has since been drowned by the flood of shit.

As far as I know, there is just about only one or two non-commercial fantasy books.

Hummm..............

A little tidbit for the 100 and older crowd.

More insight from the 'Little Kahuna'...that hasn't learned how to hang 10 much less 5...however since I am no where near 100 I can honestly say by your own habits you will never make it to my present age...anymore cute jabs...elbeefy...:cof1:

More insight from the 'Little Kahuna'...that hasn't learned how to hang 10 much less 5...however since I am no where near 100 I can honestly say by your own habits you will never make it to my present age...anymore cute jabs...elbeefy...:cof1:

Were you born before or after Teddy Roosevelt's time in office? :D

I've only got 3 years left. Fate is fate!

Back