I can't decide on the final pepper for my blend. Any chili fans want to weigh in?

What choice sounds better?

• Aji Amarillo

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Ghost

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 7 Pod Jonah

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
The guy I buy pepper powder from normally sends a free ghost pepper sample, but it didn't have one this time. So I'm trying to figure out what to purchase. I can get a sample of Aji, but I have to spend a little more for the others, and won't use it all. I can't decide.

I don't have time to wait through a very slow going poll, so I was just economical, and went for the cheapest option.

I don't have time to wait through a very slow going poll, so I was just economical, and went for the cheapest option.

You should try a bell end, it matches your personality perfectly!

2619599a7218e46ee9af8ad44a8446d0.jpg

Last edited:
I've only ever had the ghost pepper, so I can't really comment. IMO you can't really taste these things, you spend about 30 seconds thinking about the chemical aftertaste because there's so much capscaicin, and 30 minutes on the floor.

I've only ever had the ghost pepper, so I can't really comment. IMO you can't really taste these things, you spend about 30 seconds thinking about the chemical aftertaste because there's so much capscaicin, and 30 minutes on the floor.

It takes someone more used to it, or with the palate for it, to get the nuances in flavor. Getting a chemical aftertaste often means it's using certain types of extracts, but you shouldn't get as much, if at all from the natural pepper. The stuff has good effect for those that have winter issues. It helps a bit with Seasonal Effective Disorder, and certain types of depression, but too much can have counterproductive results, because the overabundance can make you miserable. Going above Scotch Bonnet levels, you have to be careful on amount.

Back