I got hit on by a janitor here.

unreal... then stalker is calling my house phone from other people's desks on saturdays.....

guess he didn't know that i could do a reverse number lookup on the directory here.

Hmm all the large businesses I have been in don't send out that number or send a bogus one with the main TN of the business.

Hmm all the large businesses I have been in don't send out that number or send a bogus one with the main TN of the business.
Ours works internally as well as externally... I wish they would send out the "main number" of the business on outside calls. Getting a return call on a test is annoying.

Most Centrex's display the extension internally, but do not seem to forward the extension TN to the outside world.
Like the solicitation calls you get that show an 800 TN. Well 1-800 TN's do not exist in the switch. They are translated to a 10 digit (non 800 NPA) and then routed to the terminating switch.

Most Centrex's display the extension internally, but do not seem to forward the extension TN to the outside world.
Like the solicitation calls you get that show an 800 TN. Well 1-800 TN's do not exist in the switch. They are translated to a 10 digit (non 800 NPA) and then routed to the terminating switch.
Thanks for the explanation... It's not like I don't work for a phone company as an engineer or something...

We don't have a centralized 800 number for our group, we are not customer contact.

Working for a phone company and knowing how call routing takes place are not necessarially the same thing. There are many areas of the phone company.
Everyone reading the thread does not work at the phone company either.

Working for a phone company and knowing how call routing takes place are not necessarially the same thing. There are many areas of the phone company.
Everyone reading the thread does not work at the phone company either.
Working as an Engineer for a phone company and knowing how routing takes place are the same thing... Believe me, I know how to route a call, it is my job. I was trying to make a joke of it, I guess it came out wrong...

Sorry I got ther impression that I had insulted you or something.
I have know many OSP engineers and such that had not a clue as to how the switches and the rest of the system worked.

Back