I hate restauraunts that recognize you

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
So I have been going to chipotle a fair amount, but usually not at the same times. A random tuesday night, a friday night here and there.

But after maybe 4 times in one month, (not much if you ask me) the staff knows my order now

I think it might be because I come in at weirdish times.

And I'll have a hoodie and probably look stonerish. not sure.

But anyway, now they are on the blacklist. And I have to drive 10 minutes more to the NEXT chipotle, because I don't like restaurants knowing me or my order. It's weird.
:good4u:

It pisses me off when restaurant staff assumes they know what you want just because you're a "regular." WTF, what if I want to try something different goddammit?

So I have been going to chipotle a fair amount, but usually not at the same times. A random tuesday night, a friday night here and there.

But after maybe 4 times in one month, (not much if you ask me) the staff knows my order now

But anyway, now they are on the blacklist. And I have to drive 10 minutes more to the NEXT chipotle, because I don't like restaurants knowing me or my order. It's weird.

They probably recognize you, from the FBI's wanted posters and have notified all of their local resturants to be on the look out for you.

you hated the tv show "Cheers", didn't you.......

It pisses me off when restaurant staff assumes they know what you want just because you're a "regular." WTF, what if I want to try something different goddammit?

That's why I always mix stuff up, keep them on their toes. Even at my bar, where I'm know and loved by all, the brtender never knows what I'll be drinking that day.

I could not agree more. I stopped going to one of my local Italian restaurants when the captain called me by name. My wife could not understand it.
But ... I expect my Tsing Tao cold, open and on the bar before I have taken more than two steps into the establishment.
If I want a change I will have it as my second!

Let's be honest here Grind. It's not weird. You are. In business recognizing your customer and anticipating their wants and needs is a very, very good thing. I think that store should be applauded for that level of quality in their customer service.

I mean what do you expect from them "Fuck you jack, what's your order?"

I used to be a regular at the Pints & Quarts (P's&Q's) Pub in Lacey, WA, while I was still in college down there. I could walk in and Kevin, the manager and a bartender, could walk over to the fridge, pull out a quart glass, fill it with the Pints & Quarts Ale, and place it down on the bar as I approached. I loved that ale to death, but then they discontinued it because not enough people bought it, or something. At least the pub still had proximity to the campus and smoking hot bartenders/servers working there.

Now now now Grind, you are the tiniest bit responsible here yourself, so don't hate too hard on Chipotle.

After all, it was you who ordered the same or nearly the same thing several times in a row that allowed the workers to anticipate what you might be having.

Don't like being anticipated? Mix it up now and then...

I am the most predictable person on earth when it comes to food/drink orders. I've ordered the same thing at McDonalds since 1995, the same thing at Jack-in-the-Box since 2006, and I always order the same thing at Starbucks. You get the picture... :cof1:

Back in the early 70's; I used to live in Tempe, really close to a place called Minder Binders.
I use to go there so much, that the bartenders used to give me free drinks and at that time, you could get a mixed drink in a beer mug.
They used to keep their beer mugs and pitchers in a freezer and it was the coldest beer that I've ever had in my life.
Their hamburger and fries order was served on a small platter and it needed to be on one, to hold all the food.

Went back there in the late 80's and the place had gone all yuppie. Little bitty hamburgers and curly fries.

The staff at every restaurant Grind goes to treats him to "special sauce" since he has a Shake Weight in his avatar.

Back