I have a question for migraine sufferers...........

What medications or medication-free methods work best in easing your headaches? My sister has been suffering from very severe migraines for about 20 years now. They became so severe she had to quit her job as an editor for a respected publisher in Phoenix, Arizona, and she had to give up pursuing a doctorate in English at Arizona State University. She goes to the world famous Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago 2-3 times yearly, and has tried just about every treatment imaginable. And she still gets very little relief. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

What medications or medication-free methods work best in easing your headaches? My sister has been suffering from very severe migraines for about 20 years now. They became so severe she had to quit her job as an editor for a respected publisher in Phoenix, Arizona, and she had to give up pursuing a doctorate in English at Arizona State University. She goes to the world famous Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago 2-3 times yearly, and has tried just about every treatment imaginable. And she still gets very little relief. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sent you a PM.

Imitrex. Also botox, which has the added benefit of smoothing out the lines migraine pain causes. :)

Have you had success with those? My youngest has tried both. They worked at first, then lost their effectiveness.

Yes, imitrex or another triptan is the only thing that ever worked for me. OTC stuff is worthless. Also tried beta blockers and calcium channel blockers and they had no effect. My parents used to tell me that chocolate consumption was triggering them so I quit chocolate once for a month, with no positive results. Whew, what a relief! :laugh:

I'm still eating chocolate every day to make sure I haven't gotten covid and lost the sense of taste.

Yes, imitrex or another triptan is the only thing that ever worked for me. OTC stuff is worthless. Also tried beta blockers and calcium channel blockers and they had no effect. My parents used to tell me that chocolate consumption was triggering them so I quit chocolate once for a month, with no positive results. Whew, what a relief! :laugh:

I'm still eating chocolate every day to make sure I haven't gotten covid and lost the sense of taste.

:laugh: LOL @ COVID.

That's weird about the caffeine because that was one of the few things that helped me. That and Benadryl. Both constrict the blood vessels including the ones causing the hideous pounding pain.

Thankfully I seldom get migraines any more. I traded them in for a brain aneurysm when I turned 50. lol

THC

Back