I hope this is more successful than the "War on Drugs"...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/08/24/china.safety.reut/index.html

China declares 'war' on tainted products

updated 3:02 a.m. EDT, Fri August 24, 2007 China declares 'war' on tainted productsStory Highlights
4-month campaign aims to boost confidence in "made in China" label

Chinese vice premier blames lax inspection, failure of officials to cooperate

She vows to whip them into line with a list of 8 tasks and 20 specific goals

BEIJING, China (Reuters) -- China has launched a four-month "war" on tainted food, drugs and exports, state media reported on Friday, as beleaguered officials embraced time-tested campaign tactics to clean up the country's battered image.

The campaign will focus on products that have dented consumers' confidence in the "Made in China" label.

Chinese Vice Premier Wu Yi told officials the campaign, to run to the end of the year, would focus on problem products that have badly dented domestic and foreign consumers' confidence in the "Made in China" label.

"This is a special battle to protect the health and personal interests of the public and to protect the reputation of Chinese goods and the national image," Wu said, according to the government

to protect the reputation of Chinese goods and the national image,
//

The last thing said is the most important.

I think that "consumer confidence" in Chinese-made goods was fragile at best -- before all this stuff came out. Now that more and more so-called anomalies -- more like deliberate fraud and shortcuts -- have been uncovered, people and officials alike in the West are becoming at best skeptical of anything coming from China (I've been so for several years). This will lead to more inspections, more testing, and more findings of toxic products and deliberate fraud.

Serves the bastids right.

Funny we now trust the Communists to police themselves. I remember a time when we couldn't trust the Communists at all. Wow, how things change now that we have a govt. that loves communist slave labor.

No...not we the people...aka government!

Funny we now trust the Communists to police themselves. I remember a time when we couldn't trust the Communists at all. Wow, how things change now that we have a govt. that loves communist slave labor.

It is rampant on both sides of the aisle..with all the political contributions big business makes...it is far past time when "We the People" take control once again...hooo rahs for the 'Bull Moose Party' damn where the hell did Teddy go when ya need him...;)

Back