I knew I liked Charlie....

Jarod

Contributor
Monday, November 06, 2006

A Crist campaign adviser said privately that Gov. Jeb Bush fully understood Republican governor candidate Charlie Crist's reluctance to campaign with his brother, President Bush, in Pensacola, this afternoon, but that the White House was insistent that he come anyway.

Crist, however, will not make an appearance. A major part of the problem was the five hours Crist would lose to attend the rally ó two hours flying there from South Florida, two hours flying back, and an hour for the rally itself, including all the extra security a presidential visit requires, the adviser said.

But another Crist adviser, Chief of Staff George LeMieux, said there is no truth to the report that the White House had insisted Crist attend.

A third source said Gov. Bush understands but is not pleased.

A top aide to Democrat Jim Davis ascribed Crist's decision not to appear with Bush as a political one based on the president's low approval ratings because of the war in Iraq. ``If we had a picture of Charlie and the president together today? We'd get that picture everywhere," he said. ``They're not going to give us that picture."

palmbeachpost.com

Hell I voted for his opponant, but Charlie Crist will be a HUGE improvement over Governor Bush!

I saw on a lib blog last week the Crist was after the religious right vote because his name sounded like Christ and people were going to vote for him because he was like Christ. That is pretty lame by libs to make that connection.

Back