I like election day more than I like . . .

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
The beginning days of summer when the weather starts getting awesome
Halloween
Thanksgiving
New Years Eve

Seriously, almost all holidays lose out to election day.

Days still better than election day:

My Birthday
Christmas

Halloween
Thanksgiving
New Years Eve

My Birthday
Christmas

I agree with you, except I would say election day is still better than my birthday or Christmas. I don't care if I get anything for Christmas, so long as Romney wins.

curious... do you choose to be called twilight sparkle because you want to be one of those lame ass vamps from Twilight?

No...watermark chose a character from MLP....the Trinity must be a united front and so I joined him. Not too happy about it and will change again soon.

I like Guy Fawkes day better.

Happy Guy Fawkes day.

Did you know that Guido Fawkes aka Guy Fawkes managed to avoid the grisly fate of being hung, drawn and quartered by jumping off the scaffold and breaking his neck? Oh and point of information, nobody calls it Guy Fawkes day or even night, it is always referred to as Bonfire Night.

Did you know that Guido Fawkes aka Guy Fawkes managed to avoid the grisly fate of being hung, drawn and quartered by jumping off the scaffold and breaking his neck? Oh and point of information, nobody calls it Guy Fawkes day or even night, it is always referred to as Bonfire Night.

Well culturally and generationally speaking it has a much different connotation here than to the British.

This year's results party had to move from the house to a rented space in a nearby "club"...

We're going to have a heck of a time cheering (or booing) as each state goes red or blue. Dems, Rs, Ls, etc. all in one room. We do this every Presidential cycle and it has gotten larger each year.

Super Bowl Sunday
Saint Patrick's Day
Día de la Independencia
Mt. St. Helen's Day (which is my birthday)*

*This day will likely become John Paul II Day in the future.

Well culturally and generationally speaking it has a much different connotation here than to the British.

Are you just messing with Tom. If not then where is that? As far as i know there was a rather forgettable movie made about it and that's about the limit of the cultural impact.

Halloween
Thanksgiving
New Years Eve

My Birthday
Christmas

I'm with you.....election day is better than the Super Bowl....camped in front of the TV with alcohol and snacks......are we going to have a dedicated thread like we did for the debates?......

you know it's funny because in v for vendetta
they blow up parliament
and everyone is cool about that happening, but imagine if instead
the movie took place in america and they blew up congress
they probably would have called it terrorism propaganda and there would have been so much outrage over it.

Back