I Saw Looper Today

Minister of Truth

Practically Perfect
The film is fun and well cast, and adding the level of drama to a SciFi action flick that Looper inserts is always a plus.

My takeaway is child actor Pierce Gagnon, who is somehow already amazing at this craft - an apparent child prodigy. The level of character development, inner turmoil, and blend of cute and creepy is years beyond what one would expect. The irony is that the main star, Joseph Gordon-Levitt was a promising child actor in the 90s you may recall from Angels in the Outfield and A River Runs Through It.

I think it would be awesome if the kid gets a Best Supporting Actor award, because it would be quite a scene, and because he would honestly deserve it.

well....

I liked it.

I have some bones to pick with it, think things like "the reignmaker" seems really contrived. They could have tried to spend at least 10 minutes on future JGL's wife, rather than it just be a throwaway death for motivation. The TK stuff was absolutely retarded and didn't add anything to the story and was just an excuse to have lame special effects. (seriously, take that stuff out, it wouldn't affect the movie at all, you 100% don't need it)

JGL did a really good job.

Overall it was entertaining and I enjoyed it.

Yeah, the TK stuff was weak, and they didn't need it to add to Reignmaker's character. I was curious, because it seems that Joe's experience with Sara changed his future relationship with his wife, adding the possibility of a baby, but this is never addressed beyond a tease.

Back