I should have seen this coming...

Grugore

Verified User
...but I didn't. A lady asked me how I was doing today. I gave my standard reply..."Can't complain. No one will listen." She said, "I'm sorry, what was that?" I started to repeat myself, then gave her "the look" She laughed and walked away.

...but I didn't. A lady asked me how I was doing today. I gave my standard reply..."Can't complain. No one will listen." She said, "I'm sorry, what was that?" I started to repeat myself, then gave her "the look" She laughed and walked away.

Wow. I'm asked that often...because I come in contact with lots and lots of people on golf courses six days a week.

Almost every time I respond, "Great! How 'bout you."

Grugore: "How you doing?"
Jack: "As many as I can".

Notice how many store check-out clerks have stopped asking "Did you find everything that you needed?" Obviously it was a manager's policy that hit just about every store that I frequent.

For me, especially at Home Depot or Lowes, it's a rarity that they have 5 out of 5 things that I went in for. Not wanting to be delayed, my standard reply was most always "yes". A couple times I was truthful and said "Please don't ask me to lie to you." Apparently they got the message.

Prediction: Some flaming lib will pounce on this claiming it proof that I am a "liar".

Why would anyone want to listen to a pathetic, angry, dumb, whiny loser like you?

giphy.gif

Didn't think that was even known over there.
Shoot yea...my father and grandfather used to say that.

Do you use the salutation "Howdy" over there? I think it's history in the Ohio valley region is interesting.

The British used the introductory phrase "How do you do?". The American Colonialist abbreviated that to "Howdy" and the Native Americans abbreviated it even more to "How".

So if you ever watch an old Western and an Indian says "How"...well no you know where that came from.

Back