I survived another layoff...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Yup. We survived another layoff yesterday. Since 2002, every single month there has been a layoff in some sector of the company.

This is what I get for giving up my contractor status.

:cof1:

Good for you Damo.

1974 was the last time this many jobs were shed.

Its going to get pretty ugly out there for a couple of years.

Seattle had 12% unemployment in 1969, so I can't imagine things getting that crappy here again, because our economy is structured completely differently from the way it was back then. Then, Boeing was King - now, Dems can chase its HQ out of state to Chicago and not be hunted down and shot dead by the "people."

But then, we have always had a high cost of living, and over the past 15 years we've had fairly high unemployment rates compared to other places, except in places that have that simiar reliance on a major industry that we used to have with regard to aeronautics.

You're not alone, Damo.

My dad is a head supervisor at a plywood plant down here.

A year ago there were 35 plywood plants in the US. Now there are 15. My dad's plant lost 14 mil this year.

He makes like literally 80% of our income... if he lost our job it would push us into poverty, and I'd probably have to join the military to keep my family afloat.

Hope it doesn't happen. Terrible economic times...

You're not alone, Damo.

My dad is a head supervisor at a plywood plant down here.

A year ago there were 35 plywood plants in the US. Now there are 15. My dad's plant lost 14 mil this year.

He makes like literally 80% of our income... if he lost our job it would push us into poverty, and I'd probably have to join the military to keep my family afloat.

Hope it doesn't happen. Terrible economic times...

Not enough huricanes this year to boost plywood demand enough I suppose ?

Yeah lots of people around here are beginning to get in the same boat WM....

Back