I Will Do My Part To Stop Global Warming

toby

I will eat more steaks and hamburgers and beef brisket. I will sacrifice my health for the world.

>>Cow 'emissions' more damaging to planet than CO2 from cars

A United Nations report has identified the world's rapidly growing herds of cattle as the greatest threat to the climate, forests and wildlife. And they are blamed for a host of other environmental crimes, from acid rain to the introduction of alien species, from producing deserts to creating dead zones in the oceans, from poisoning rivers and drinking water to destroying coral reefs.

http://news.independent.co.uk/environment/article2062484.ece

Yep, this is a rehash of an old study (done in the 90's I think) where they spent millions to find out just how badly cow flatulence was deteriorating the ozone. I have increased my beef intake as well.......I married a cattle rancher's daughter.:)

Leaning is a solid dude toby, you will not agitate him much.

Yep Regan was the first to promote bovine flatulence as the cause of global warming and such.

200 years ago there were millions and millions of buffalo roaming the plains of the west. In africa there were millions and millions of wildbeast and other grazing wildlife. How much effect did they have on the weather back then.

Just more junk science from the un.

I'm sure its just American cattle that are causing all this.

200 years ago there were millions and millions of buffalo roaming the plains of the west. In africa there were millions and millions of wildbeast and other grazing wildlife. How much effect did they have on the weather back then.

Just more junk science from the un.

I'm sure its just American cattle that are causing all this.

Honestly, do you ever type anything that is factually correct? Every post I read of yours is fundamentally wrong, on a factual level. What kind of college or high school did you graduate from?

-"200 years ago there were millions and millions of buffalo roaming the plains of the west"

Impossible. 200 million years ago there wasn't even any large mammals, let alone buffalo. There wasn't even technically a north american continent 200 million years ago.

-"In africa there were millions and millions of wildbeast and other grazing wildlife. How much effect did they have on the weather back then."

What are you babbling about? No credible scientist has ever linked the causes of global climate variation to wildebeast.

-"Just more junk science from the un. I'm sure its just American cattle that are causing all this."

You're about 15 years out of date, Skippy. Its more than just the UN science panel consensus now. Everyone from President Bush, to Shell Oil Company, to BP Oil company, to the American Academy of Science, the U.S. EPA, and NASA, as well as the vast majority of climatologists now recognize that humans are, at least, partially responsible for the rapid increase in average global temps.

Honestly, do you ever type anything that is factually correct? Every post I read of yours is fundamentally wrong, on a factual level. What kind of college or high school did you graduate from?

-"200 years ago there were millions and millions of buffalo roaming the plains of the west"

Impossible. 200 million years ago there wasn't even any large mammals, let alone buffalo. There wasn't even technically a north american continent 200 million years ago.

-"In africa there were millions and millions of wildbeast and other grazing wildlife. How much effect did they have on the weather back then."

What are you babbling about? No credible scientist has ever linked the causes of global climate variation to wildebeast.

-"Just more junk science from the un. I'm sure its just American cattle that are causing all this."

You're about 15 years out of date, Skippy. Its more than just the UN science panel consensus now. Everyone from President Bush, to Shell Oil Company, to BP Oil company, to the American Academy of Science, the U.S. EPA, and NASA, as well as the vast majority of climatologists now recognize that humans are, at least, partially responsible for the rapid increase in average global temps.
Did you read your post? Honestly. Did you read his? He said 200 years not 200 million years, so you are about 199,999,800 years off of his original comment.

200 years ago there really were millions of Buffalo roaming the plains. There are even pictures of the people that helped to slaughter the animals, usually just for their tongues, it changed the life of many Native Americans as the trains were pushed across the nation and manifest destiny made its mark.

And we had Andy Jackson indian killer, now we have Georgie Bush Islamic killer....
that manifest destiny crap does not seem to go away.

Back