Iggles trade McNabb to Skins

Topspin

Verified User
for a second and third round.
What a steal, skins went from no chance to a playoff contender.

Sal Pal on ESPN reported a local Philly paper saying the Eagles didn't trade McNabb to the Raiders because that would be like sending your mom to state run hospital care. Ouch!

Sal Pal on ESPN reported a local Philly paper saying the Eagles didn't trade McNabb to the Raiders because that would be like sending your mom to state run hospital care. Ouch!

I had read that McNabb had shot down any trade other than the one to the Skins. The Raiders were ready to do his contract however he wanted, but he refused.

I think he wants some payback against the team who just cast him aside like a batch of moldy tangerines after he gave that city his heart and soul.

I had read that McNabb had shot down any trade other than the one to the Skins. The Raiders were ready to do his contract however he wanted, but he refused.

I think he wants some payback against the team who just cast him aside like a batch of moldy tangerines after he gave that city his heart and soul.

McNabb did not have a no trade clause and was in no position whatsoever to shoot down any trades at all. I don't buy the idea that the Raiders offered more than the Skins and the Eagles sent McNabb to a division rival because Andy Reid and McNabb had a good relationship.

The Eagles took the best offer they got. Any other explanation is spin.

You can make a case though a longer shot that it's a good trade for Eagles. They couldn't win the big one with McNabb, even with the most explosive reciever new to the league. So, if they add a good lineman and a LB or Safety with the two picks. Kobb is either great or it's Vick's turn.

You can make a case though a longer shot that it's a good trade for Eagles. They couldn't win the big one with McNabb, even with the most explosive reciever new to the league. So, if they add a good lineman and a LB or Safety with the two picks. Kobb is either great or it's Vick's turn.

I'm not suggesting that it was necessarily a bad trade for the Eagles. I just don't buy the claim that they traded McNabb to a division rival out of loyalty to McNabb as opposed to the fact that it was the best offer they received.

No team in its right mind makes a division opponent a better team through a trade out of compassion for the traded player.

As for Michael Vick, he only gets his shot if Kolb gets injured. He is (was?) a great athlete but he cannot run Andy Reid's offense (McNabb couldn't really either).

You have a point there. Although throwing for almost 400 yards and 2 TDs and 3 ints isn't too bad a showing against the Super Bowl Champions.

Mop up yards, don't know if you watched but we killed him early and often. Then losened our already bend but don't break. If the eagles are basing anyting on that game, Vic will take over by game 5.

McNabb did not have a no trade clause and was in no position whatsoever to shoot down any trades at all. I don't buy the idea that the Raiders offered more than the Skins and the Eagles sent McNabb to a division rival because Andy Reid and McNabb had a good relationship.

The Eagles took the best offer they got. Any other explanation is spin.

Supposedly he threatened to retire if he was traded to the Raiders though no matter how bad the Raiders organization is (and it is bad) I have a hard time believing McNabb would just walk away from the millions he would stand to make there. Obviously mute point now.

And I agree with you that the Eagles weren't going to get less in a trade deal in order to 'do right' by McNabb. They were going to take the best offer they could get.

Back