ILA vs Jared: 1950 Tax Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

canceled.2021.1

#AMERICAISDEAD
OK Jared. I didn't put this in APP so we will see if you step up to the plate unlike some other JPP pussies.

Now I don't know whether Topspin is correct in that you make $350K a year, but let's start with that number.

Based on this link

http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation.org/files/docs/fed_individual_rate_history_adjusted.pdf

Now what we don't know is what the effective rate was in 1950, but you aren't really arguing that are you? You are always focused on the marginal rates.

Based on the tables in this link, you would pay 65% of your income in Federal Income taxes. Now we know that Floriduh doesn't have state income tax so you are shielded there. Throw on your social security taxes of 12% and you are now at 77% of your income going to the federal government.

I haven't even added in your property taxes, sales taxes and other "fees" that the government likes to levy.

Are you still saying you would be fine with this arrangement? And if you really want to give more to the federal government then why don't you? Why do you have to be forced? Why don't you step up to the plate and disavow any of the deductions afforded to you under the tax code? How would you be harmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back