I'm not crying. You're crying

Legion

Oderint dum metuant

Yesterday I had to say goodbye to my best friend. Maple passed away peacefully during the night, while I held her in my arms. We have spent every moment together for over 12 years, doing everything together. I adopted her from a rescue shelter and the first time we met she tackled me, leaping into my arms, wagging her tail so hard and with a smiling face full of love. We went on so many adventures together, and she was always there for me with her unconditional love through difficult times. Music helped to soothe and comfort her, especially when she was feeling anxious during thunderstorms and fireworks so I would play for her to help calm her down. She would lay beside me with her head in my lap and listen to the guitar until she fell asleep. I feel so lucky to have had her in my life, the bond we shared is indescribable and my heart is aching.

There are a lot of videos that I filmed with Maple which I never posted on YouTube, or videos I didn't finish editing, that I might release in the future. I hope that some of the moments we shared together over the years have helped to bring some joy or comfort to you. Thank you for the love and support you have shown us.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV-hwVczs0GQRApxZS4TUNA

The worst part of having a loyal dog is knowing you (in most cases) will out live it.
One of the reasons I haven't gotten another dog since the Basset Hound.

I cried....This is one of my favorites....
Run free, Sweet Maple...if love could have saved you, you would have lived forever....

a0feda8acbfab7f099291af541889a75_w200.gif

Omg, so sad but so beautiful. Thank you.

Z

Z

I cried....This is one of my favorites.... Run free, Sweet Maple...if love could have saved you, you would have lived forever....
Love it.

I saw this little homemade tribute a few years ago on Youtube and saved the link. Thought it was so sweet and the perfect song.

Love it.

I saw this little homemade tribute a few years ago on Youtube and saved the link. Thought it was so sweet and the perfect song.

That is so precious... Just a baby....:( How wonderful they documented their time with him....Thanks for sharing...

Don't say that...

dogslastwill.jpg
I love this and have shared it with so many...I
understand where RB is coming from, though...this last puppy was young enough that I thought long and hard about it... for the reason mentioned...So many things to take into consideration...I'm working on my sponsorship project, btw...the one I mentioned before;)

Just went thru it last fall. It was tough,...we did everything with him. We have a new fella now and we all love him to death. But that doesnt mean we dont still think about the others along the way because we sure do.

Back