I'm pooped..........

Battleborne

Terminator
Helped the daughter move to her new house today...she and her BF took a lease option on a $400,000... house which dropped to 325,000...I advised her and her BF to take a lease option and wait it out...the price should fall to a realistic value of 180,000. within the next two years...they took my advice...the Grandaughter rented a 800,000.house with her BF and friends...the house was on the market for 1.5 m...dropped to 700,000. and now is at 380,000..Finally the market is going back to what housing is actually worth...

At any rate I am a Happy Camper I got my bedroom back...and a little privacy is also cool...but I love my kids and will miss em'!

I think more young people are living with their parents now than 20 years ago.

Good move BB, Yep it will be a bit too quiet around there for a while. Need yourself a harem :D

Helped the daughter move to her new house today...she and her BF took a lease option on a $400,000... house which dropped to 325,000...I advised her and her BF to take a lease option and wait it out...the price should fall to a realistic value of 180,000. within the next two years...they took my advice...the Grandaughter rented a 800,000.house with her BF and friends...the house was on the market for 1.5 m...dropped to 700,000. and now is at 380,000..Finally the market is going back to what housing is actually worth...

At any rate I am a Happy Camper I got my bedroom back...and a little privacy is also cool...but I love my kids and will miss em'!

That is an INSANE depreciation. I need to buy a home right now apparently.

Not quite yet. we are maybe halfway done with this mess at best.
And if a recession kicks in that will further drop home values.

Not quite yet. we are maybe halfway done with this mess at best.
And if a recession kicks in that will further drop home values.

As usual I think it's location. Our prices just dropped in the past 7 months or so and already are starting to climb again. However, we don't have a huge glut of housing, there wasn't room for lots of speculation building. While housing sales slowed, in my neighborhood the average on the market before selling was only about 2 months.

True Kathi, unless a real recession sets in, in addition to the junk loan problem.

Again IMO that probably is tied to location. It's been and will be a more manifest problem in areas with lots of McMansion developments such as west of where I am, (DuPage County). In areas like here, the housing has always been priced 'above average', but most of it is older with well maintained housing. There are lots of complaints about remodeling jobs that turn 2 BD, post WWII houses into 5 BD, 5BA mini-mansions. However, that's usually when the owners have already paid down their original mortgages by over 60%. People actually pay less than they can afford in housing, but more than they would like in taxes. The average home here is still over $300k, but the average per capita income is $47k, (just in case, that would be per person in household.) 44% of the over 25 cohort had a BA/BS.

Again true as a recession will not hit all areas the same. But will be more evenly distributed than the junk loan problems.

Damn...pooped again...

spent the last 4 hours digging my driveway and trucks out...got about 16 inches of snow last night and this morning...on it's way toward Colorado...damo should be a pooped camper tomorrow...:cof1:

spent the last 4 hours digging my driveway and trucks out...got about 16 inches of snow last night and this morning...on it's way toward Colorado...damo should be a pooped camper tomorrow...:cof1:
I have a huge snow thrower that I attach to my tractor. I'll be fine.

Back