I'm shocked to learn that Bush has been Lying about the level of violence in Iraq

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
All the lying by Bush, his supporters, and rightwing talk radio hacks on "Truth Tours" in iraq, exposed:

Study says violence in Iraq has been underreported

The Bush administration routinely has underreported the level of violence in Iraq in order to disguise its policy failings, the Iraq Study Group report said Wednesday.

On page 94 of its report, the Iraq Study Group found that there had been "significant under-reporting of the violence in Iraq." The reason, the group said, was because the tracking system was designed in a way that minimized the deaths of Iraqis.

"The standard for recording attacks acts a filter to keep events out of reports and databases," the report said. "A murder of an Iraqi is not necessarily counted as an attack. If we cannot determine the source of a sectarian attack, that assault does not make it into the database. A roadside bomb or a rocket or mortar attack that doesn't hurt U.S. personnel doesn't count."

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwas...ce=rss&channel=krwashington_jonathan_s_landay

From the report -

"By excluding that data, U.S. officials were able to boast that deaths from sectarian violence in the Iraqi capital had declined by more than 52 percent between July and August, McClatchy newspapers reported. "

Sickening. I can remember when I posted news like this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3962969.stm

I was chastised for believing such high numbers.

Yeah remember how we were treated for posting the truth LadyT ?
Some people just can't handle the truth I guess....

From the report -

"By excluding that data, U.S. officials were able to boast that deaths from sectarian violence in the Iraqi capital had declined by more than 52 percent between July and August, McClatchy newspapers reported. "

Sickening. I can remember when I posted news like this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3962969.stm

I was chastised for believing such high numbers.

Yeah, that happened to all of us. When we posted the truth about the level of violence in iraq, chimp-fans denied it and said the commie media was exaggerating about the violence.

I am not shocked one little bit. I have always known that Bush was a lying sack of shit. I can't wait til he's gone. I honestly do hope that I outlive him so that I might have the opportunity to go piss on his grave on behalf of the thousands of Americans who have died because of his hubris and his ignorance.

so now what does this show about our media ? Liberal or war/Bush supporting ?

The american media can barely get outside the green zone to report. Its too dangerous.

I've been saying for a long time, that the situation in Iraq is even worse than what the american media had been reporting. Its only been in the last couple months that the american media finally caught up to reality, and starting calling Iraq what it truly was: a disaster/quagmire/civil war/etc

Its only been in the last couple months that the american media finally caught up to reality, and starting calling Iraq what it truly was: a disaster/quagmire/civil war/etc
//

Yes strange that this coincides with Bush's fall from grace....

Its only been in the last couple months that the american media finally caught up to reality, and starting calling Iraq what it truly was: a disaster/quagmire/civil war/etc
//

Yes strange that this coincides with Bush's fall from grace....
Right.....:rolleyes: He's had 40 or below approval for more than a year now and he "just" fell from grace?

Yep, well over the last 6 months or so in the eyes of the media anyway.

The media has always hated Bush. They all go out of their way to dig up shit on him and if they can't find any they make it up.

The shit in iraq is because of the media and their determination to make Bush look bad. Whether he's was right or wrong on decisions the media always played it as he was wrong.

His biggest mistake was not learning more about islam and what he's dealing with.

I have to disagree with your assesment of the medias past attitude with Bush.
Their attitude is fortunately turning more anti-Bush all the time, which he has brought down on his own head.

Back