APP - Immigration

midcan5

'Within a decade, the foreign-born percentage of the U.S. population will surpass its previous all-time peak — and then keep rising.'

I thought this OP important enough for APP section. Certainly a complicated topic. Comments welcome from all.

"But large-scale immigration also comes with considerable social and political costs, and those must be accounted for. In November 2018, Hillary Clinton delivered a warning to Europeans that mass immigration was weakening democracy. “I think Europe needs to get a handle on migration, because that is what lit the flame,” Clinton said, referring to the upsurge of far-right populism destabilizing countries such as France and Hungary. “I admire the very generous and compassionate approaches that were taken, particularly by leaders like Angela Merkel, but I think it is fair to say Europe has done its part, and must send a very clear message—‘We are not going to be able to continue to provide refuge and support’—because if we don’t deal with the migration issue, it will continue to roil the body politic.”"

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazin...frum-how-much-immigration-is-too-much/583252/

"We should put hardworking families first by voting on legislation to create jobs, raise wages, provide equal pay for women, invest in education, protect voting rights, and pass comprehensive immigration reform." Jan Schakowsky

why do lib'ruls think the issue of ILLEGAL immigration has any relation to the issue of immigration........any rational person realizes that the issue is the "illegal".........

'Within a decade, the foreign-born percentage of the U.S. population will surpass its previous all-time peak — and then keep rising.'

I thought this OP important enough for APP section. Certainly a complicated topic. Comments welcome from all.

"But large-scale immigration also comes with considerable social and political costs, and those must be accounted for. In November 2018, Hillary Clinton delivered a warning to Europeans that mass immigration was weakening democracy. “I think Europe needs to get a handle on migration, because that is what lit the flame,” Clinton said, referring to the upsurge of far-right populism destabilizing countries such as France and Hungary. “I admire the very generous and compassionate approaches that were taken, particularly by leaders like Angela Merkel, but I think it is fair to say Europe has done its part, and must send a very clear message—‘We are not going to be able to continue to provide refuge and support’—because if we don’t deal with the migration issue, it will continue to roil the body politic.”"

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazin...frum-how-much-immigration-is-too-much/583252/

"We should put hardworking families first by voting on legislation to create jobs, raise wages, provide equal pay for women, invest in education, protect voting rights, and pass comprehensive immigration reform." Jan Schakowsky

I wish Hillary Clinton had the same attitude about immigration in America.

Back