Installing Theocracy through Machivallian strategy

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
I was kind of fascinated by this Monica Goodling gal, that just resigned from the Justice Department.

Evidently, she a grad of Jerry Falwell's "Regents" University. I mean, is that even really an accredited university? Do they even teach Evolution there?

I read that the Bush admin has installed hundreds of these Regent's University grads throughout the government. And I believe the stated goal of Falwell's "educational" institutions and those like it, is to put people of faith, into position where they can effect public policy.

Question: could Government policies ever be taken over by people who believe that Falwellian bibilical themes and "values" should totally guide public policy and government actions. A pseudo-theocracy, if you will.

Or, am I being paranoid?

You are being paranoid. It is temporary and involved in the pendulum swings normal in the political arena.

You are being paranoid. It is temporary and involved in the pendulum swings normal in the political arena.

I'm a little less worried now.

karl rove and tom delay were trying to build a one-party government. And have republicans in the majority for a generation. That's what this justice department crap, redistricting crap, and voter disenfranchisement crap has been about for the last six years.

I think in a one-party government, that holds power for a generation, a trojan-horse style theocracy could be built.

I don't know much about this Regent's university but I saw a program on Patrick Henry College and the weirdo's in there who are specifically trained to be public policy makers is a bit scary.

You are not being paranoid. Robertson and Falwell have made no secret that they are educating the youth in falwell's University to take over our country in their image. they have spoken many times on this. It first began when Jim Baker was on the rise.

True Christianity and politics seems to me to be a big contraqdiction though....
Perhaps her concience caused her to resign.

I think we're missing the point here. It's not that these theocratic authoritarians exist: we've known that for a long time. They're basically the same people as make up the Taliban or the Islamists in Iran. Same ethics, different creed.

The scary thing is that a group of people willing to deal with them actually came to power in the United States for a while. Granted, they're on the way out, but the simple fact that they made it to the white house is disturbing.

I think we're missing the point here. It's not that these theocratic authoritarians exist: we've known that for a long time. They're basically the same people as make up the Taliban or the Islamists in Iran. Same ethics, different creed.

The scary thing is that a group of people willing to deal with them actually came to power in the United States for a while. Granted, they're on the way out, but the simple fact that they made it to the white house is disturbing.

Should we fear the secular authoritarians? Those who want to ban god, take our guns, stifle the economy, kill babies, and cull the herd preemptively instead of allowing any chaos to occur?

Should we fear the secular authoritarians? Those who want to ban god, take our guns, stifle the economy, kill babies, and cull the herd preemptively instead of allowing any chaos to occur?
That is equally part of the pendulum I spoke of earlier. Each of the groups must not become complacent or the other will actually take something they value from them, however as long as that balance occurs the pendulum will swing and each will in turn have their day.

Ornot,

If you limit the problem of creeping theocracy to the white house, you're underestmating the problem.

Many GOP state parties have been taken over by theocrats. I read that the platform of the Texas State GOP, is to return the federal government to a biblical world view. I'm paraphrasing, but I think that's essentially it.

The theocrats have long known that the real road to power lies in taking over party apparatus at the local and state level -- not in simply in running a bible thumper like George Bush for office. In fact, it is their stated and explicit goal to take over state organizations, which will then ultimately have the power to dictate national policy.

Back