Iraqi Refugees

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel5
  • Start date Start date
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070709/wl_mideast_afp/usiraqrefugees

Mon Jul 9, 7:13 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Only 133 Iraqi refugees have been allowed into the United States since October, well short of the 7,000 the US has vowed to welcome in this fiscal year, a State Department spokesman said Monday

WOW! 133 with millions displaced! Ain't we sumpin!

I know, this is disgusting. Something needs to be done about this, but I wonder what. I wonder if there would ever be a majority who say, we need to make this right. We did this, and we need to make this as right as we can make it.

I recently read a story, I'll see if I can find it. There are quite a few who pay 20 to 25K to get into Mexico and have the Coyotes bring them up... All the way from Iraq through the Southern Border.

Bush should put them up in his place.

You don't see a lot of press on the millions of refugees the war has created. It's funny how, even if Iraq by some miracle does become a stable democracy, the admin thinks that any country in its right mind would somehow follow the example that has been set...

You don't see a lot of press on the millions of refugees the war has created. It's funny how, even if Iraq by some miracle does become a stable democracy, the admin thinks that any country in its right mind would somehow follow the example that has been set...

Yeah Bush has surely shown other countries the road to democracy....
Seems to have caused a resurgence in the old USSR type of stuff in Russia.

Right... That's been happening and little reported since Putin was elected. This one can't be laid at Bush's feet. Those people voted in the head of the KGB.

Right... That's been happening and little reported since Putin was elected. This one can't be laid at Bush's feet. Those people voted in the head of the KGB.

but why did the people vote him in ......
Russia was very striongly against our invading Iraq. Perhaps they thought they needed a strong leader to help keep America out of their area ?
Then too bush was wanting to build a new generation of nukes....
Spread democracy at the end of a gun barrel...
resurrect star warz....

but why did the people vote him in ......
Russia was very striongly against our invading Iraq. Perhaps they thought they needed a strong leader to help keep America out of their area ?
Then too bush was wanting to build a new generation of nukes....
Spread democracy at the end of a gun barrel...
resurrect star warz....
They voted him in before Bush took office. Are you really this far off?

In August 1999, he was appointed as Prime Minister.

On December 31, 1999 he became interim President.

On March 26, 2000 he was elected President.

All of these happened with Clinton in office.

Ohh sorry, I did not realize it was cllintons fault. Yep I admit I do not keep up with Russian politics. Just marginally keep up with US politics.
Thanks for the correction Damo.

Ohh sorry, I did not realize it was cllintons fault. Yep I admit I do not keep up with Russian politics. Just marginally keep up with US politics.
Thanks for the correction Damo.
I don't think it was Clinton's fault either. The USSR lost a lot of status going from Superpower to nearly third-world status almost overnight. Putin gave many of them a perceived link to the higher status. And he also wasn't a drunken bore.

True, and Putin is not a good guy. Bush did see his soul and thought it looked good, but other than showing what an idiot he is, the rest is not his fault.

I don't think it was Clinton's fault either. The USSR lost a lot of status going from Superpower to nearly third-world status almost overnight. Putin gave many of them a perceived link to the higher status. And he also wasn't a drunken bore.

I can agree with that. but I do think some of Putins recent stances have been directly linked to Bush's actions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070709/wl_mideast_afp/usiraqrefugees

Mon Jul 9, 7:13 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Only 133 Iraqi refugees have been allowed into the United States since October, well short of the 7,000 the US has vowed to welcome in this fiscal year, a State Department spokesman said Monday

WOW! 133 with millions displaced! Ain't we sumpin!

If we withdraw, we're going to have to take a lot of them in. Its the moral thing to do. Like we did for the vietnamese. The ones that collaborated, or tried to help us, are going to be in for tough times, when we withdraw.

If we withdraw, we're going to have to take a lot of them in. Its the moral thing to do. Like we did for the vietnamese. The ones that collaborated, or tried to help us, are going to be in for tough times, when we withdraw.

I agree, and I really hope we do it.

Well, bush is a moron. He looked adoringly into Putin's baby blues, and declared Vladimir a good and decent man - a man america could be friends with.

Forgot about the moron Bush. What happened is that the american government (read:Cheney) made a Faustian bargain with Russia in 2001.

We would leave them alone, ignore their repression of chechnya and the trend towards authoritariansim, an long as they wouldn't do anything to fundamentally oppose us in the "War on Terror".

Out at Crawford, perfect idea!

I'm glad froggie bumped this up. It's a great idea.

Turn the crawford ranch into a refugee camp, until we can assimilate them.

A capt. in intel told me something a little while ago. He has a picture in his office of the last American troops leaving Nam with everyone pushing and shoving to get on the helo's. They were the one who helped us. He harbors no illusions that those that helo us over here share a similar fate. Nor do I.

Back