Is 11,000 a psyhchological barrier in the market ?

What was Chap talking about in his other subsequent thread then ? Capitulation ?
I am not sure what that means in relation to the market.

It appears that Chap and others seem to think 11k is a psychological barrier for the mkt. Or at least they are hoping it is.

I did not say that. See the Capitulation thread.
Capitulation does not mean psychological barrier. And your definition of it was the prevalence of despair. So. When you said Chap and others were hoping for your psychological barrier, I assumed you were consistent in your definition.

The Absolute bottom ? Hanging on to desperate fantasies there ?

Think of it as a point in time where people start buying again because of bargain prices.

Only time will tell but there is always a bottom. Did I call it right? we will not know for a little longer.

Read my linked artical about the next bubble in the Capitulation threat. Kind of gives a nice 10,000 foot prediction.

I think a break under 10,000 (i.e. 9999) on the Dow would have a larger effect than breaking below 11,000. When the first digit rolls down, we have a problem.

I think there's plenty of dispare in the market already but don't think it's due to technical indicators. I hear zip lately about the phschology of the 1,000 but on the way up CNBC was obsessed with it.
I don't doubt a lot of traders will sell when it's breached driving it down more.

I think there's plenty of dispare in the market already but don't think it's due to technical indicators. I hear zip lately about the phschology of the 1,000 but on the way up CNBC was obsessed with it.
I don't doubt a lot of traders will sell when it's breached driving it down more.
Thus making them discounted and, if you are smart, a good time to buy.

LOL. Sometimes.
Anyone have an opinion on bottoming feeding in Fannie or Freddie?

I made some huge gains by getting in a Bank sector fund after the RTC crisis, when they couldn't GIVE bank stocks away. A couple years later... :cof1:

Back