Is alcohol safer than weed?

Sustained, long-term overuse of either will cause health problems. It's hard to say, although, I'm prejudiced in favour of alcohol, since it's the drug I prefer to use. I don't factor in that marijuana will get me kicked-out of the military if I start using it before I retire. Just thinking of the health factors. I also think that alcohol has been far better studied, so, I will continue to wait and see what further research is conducted.

http://www.natap.org/2011/newsUpdates/archgenpsychiatry.pdf

According to this well done meta analysis it would appear that weed leads to early onset psychosis. That explains the behavior of Deshtard, Rana and Rune among others

If you find yourself thread banned, it is because I don't really give a flying fuck what you think about this topic. Start your own thread. Who will be first?

Meta analysis studies can be useful, but are no substitute for hard science, IMHO. This conclusion is hardly reason for panic, nor does it make a strong case for continued prohibition.

they support the hy-
pothesis that cannabis use plays a causal role in the
development of psychosis in some patients

A lot depends on body chemistry.
Someone who is disposed to being a alcoholic.Probably would do better on weed.
Someone like me who use to smoke weed morning till bedtime,but could make a six pack last six months,did better with booze.

the end all, be all, is that the ONLY constitutional power given to congress over alcohol or marijuana was to regulate it via taxes in interstate commerce. No such power exists for them to prohibit the personal manufacture, possession, or use of either.

One can lead to lung cancer the other liver disease. Neither is good for you, but I prefer booze over pot any day.

that's not possession of alcohol......in the first case it possession of illicitly produced alcohol and in the second, possession of a can........

Lol, illicitly produced alcohol is, um, well, how do I put this.....alcohol. An open container doesn't have to be a can, and an open container of an alcoholic beverage which isn't empty, contains.....wait for it.....ALCOHOL.

illicitly produced? are you saying that an individual is prohibited from making their own alcoholic beverage?

I'm assuming, since CB says that it is illegal to possess the moonshine, that it is not a beverage that some individual is permitted to make...........

Last edited:

it is illegal to distill alcohol without having either a "distilled spirits permit" or a "federal fuel alcohol permit." It does not matter if the alcohol is for personal use only, not for sale, etc.

now, i ask you does that even sound remotely within the realm of federal, state, or local power?

but anyone with half a brain will be forced to admit that that which makes possession illegal is not, um, well, how do I put this.....the alcohol........

No, one could not argue that, since that's precisely what makes it illegal. An open can of pop, or bottle of juice is perfectly legal in a vehicle.

now, i ask you does that even sound remotely within the realm of federal, state, or local power?

What difference does that make? There are all kinds of laws on the books that are technically outside of the purview of governmental powers. You know, like the federal prohibition of marijuana. ;)

Never the less, it is currently illegal to distill alcohol for personal use, without a federal permit. Don't get me wrong, I do not agree with this.

Back