Is Guv Crist a daddy ?

uscitizen

Villified User
A girl wonders: Is Crist my dad?

A 17-year-old girl wants to know if the governor is her biological father. Crist: No way.

By ADAM C. SMITH, Times Political Editor
Published January 25, 2007
ADVERTISEMENT
photo
[Times photos]
The governor says there's no way he's the father. Rebecca O'Dell Townsend said the girl was fathered by Crist after a one-time encounter in 1988.
Wisdom of signing paternity papers debated

The parents who adopted a girl 17 years ago have reached out to Gov. Charlie Crist about the possibility that he is their daughter's biological father.

Marshall and Cecilia Tucker of St. Petersburg acknowledge that they don't know for certain Crist is the father, and the governor says it's impossible.

But since a paternity dispute involving Crist came to light during the gubernatorial primary last fall, the family and their daughter have suspected Crist might be the father.

The Tuckers said they want nothing from the governor. But driven by a fear of getting snared in a political controversy beyond their control, the Tuckers made many discreet overtures to Crist.

Crist and those close to him ignored their calls.

"There is absolutely nothing to this whatsoever, and I will not dignify these questions with further comment," Crist said in a statement to the St. Petersburg Times.

The Tuckers adopted a seven-pound, 8 1/2-ounce girl who was born on June 23, 1989. That's the same day Rebecca O'Dell Townsend then named Wharrie gave birth to a girl, whom she said was fathered by Crist after a one-time sexual encounter in the fall of 1988.

When Townsend, who was going through a bitter divorce at the time, accused Crist of being the father, he steadfastly denied it. Yet he signed legal papers waiving parental rights, which helped pave the way for Townsend to place the child for adoption.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/01/25/Tampabay/A_girl_wonders__Is_Cr.shtml

I thought Governor Crist was a "fancy pants" kinda guy? Light on his feet? Wasn't he supposedly in the closet? Or, maybe I'm thinking of somebody else.

Hard to tell when I used to see him in FL he always looked toasted like George Hamilton...come to think of it they are a good match in many ways ;)

Back