Is having a baby easy?

cawacko

Marissa Mayer is the 37 year old CEO of Yahoo who just gave birth to a baby boy. She made the comment that having a baby was much easier than she expected based on what people told her. Did any parents here have an easy time with their baby or is her comment more coming from being rich and having care 24/7 makes it seem a lot easier than it is?

Marissa Mayer: 'The Baby's Been Way Easier Than Everyone Made It Out To Be'

There are many reasons so many people are fascinated with Marissa Mayer and her attempt to turn around Yahoo.

At 37, she's younger than most CEOs running multi-billion dollar companies.
She has the early-Googler halo.
She's a feminist icon.
She's a total geek who looks and dresses like a Hollywood star.
But one of the most fascinating things about Mayer is that when Yahoo hired her in July, she was pregnant with her first child.

When the world found out about this, everyone wanted to know: Yahoo is in dire straights and having a child is a huge job in itself; how would Mayer handle it all?

Well, she's been running Yahoo for five months now, and her son, McAllister Bogue, was born two months ago.

Thanks to promises of a stock buyback, the stock is near 52-week highs. Though major (super major) challenges remain, that's pretty great progress.

So how's the kid? Some women in business were upset with Mayer for not taking a longer maternity leave.

Last night, Mayer gave an interview with Fortune's Patricia Sellers, and she said: "The baby's been easy."

Mayer told Sellers "there are two surprising" things about her time at Yahoo so far.

The first is that "Yahoo is a really fun place to work. I love the people there and I love the spirit of the place."

The second: "The baby's been easy. The baby's been way easier than everyone made it out to be. I think I've been really lucky that way but I had a very easy, healthy pregnancy, he's been easy."

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/bu...r-The-Baby-s-Been-Way-Easier-Than-4073826.php

Marissa Mayer is the 37 year old CEO of Yahoo who just gave birth to a baby boy. She made the comment that having a baby was much easier than she expected based on what people told her. Did any parents here have an easy time with their baby or is her comment more coming from being rich and having care 24/7 makes it seem a lot easier than it is?

There are many reasons so many people are fascinated with Marissa Mayer and her attempt to turn around Yahoo.

She's a feminist icon.
But one of the most fascinating things about Mayer is that when Yahoo hired her in July, she was pregnant with her first child.

When the world found out about this, everyone wanted to know: Yahoo is in dire straights and having a child is a huge job in itself; how would Mayer handle it all?

Well, she's been running Yahoo for five months now, and her son, McAllister Bogue, was born two months ago.

Thanks to promises of a stock buyback, the stock is near 52-week highs. Though major (super major) challenges remain, that's pretty great progress.

So how's the kid? Some women in business were upset with Mayer for not taking a longer maternity leave.

Last night, Mayer gave an interview with Fortune's Patricia Sellers, and she said: "The baby's been easy."

Mayer told Sellers "there are two surprising" things about her time at Yahoo so far.

The first is that "Yahoo is a really fun place to work. I love the people there and I love the spirit of the place."

The second: "The baby's been easy. The baby's been way easier than everyone made it out to be. I think I've been really lucky that way but I had a very easy, healthy pregnancy, he's been easy."

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/bu...r-The-Baby-s-Been-Way-Easier-Than-4073826.php

I know that my missus said she would never have another baby after having the first, which is why there is a gap of five years between my two sons. I hasten to add it was her decision to have another, not mine.

Last edited:
Some women do seem to have it easier than others when it comes to childbirth. Just look at Victoria Beckham, she is incredibly thin and waiflike yet she has cranked out three children. Mind you she's had three C-sections so that helps!!

victoriaBIG250606_228x510.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-394612/health-fears-victoria-reveals-23-inch-waist.html

She's a feminist icon.

Raising children is always easier when you have a large support system. Some babies are easier than others. Sleep deprivation can be a problem. My first baby did not sleep. The second baby was colicky, but once she got to sleep, she slept a long time. The last two, piece of cake.

I am glad all is going well for her.

The idiocy on this board never stops. It's like the all night idiot store! It's 2am and you are having a moron craving and don't know where to go for one? Come to JPP!!! We rock around the clock! Morons are on sale on two-for-one Tuesdays! Use Promo Code "braindead" for an extra 10% off! We won't be undersold!

Of course it would be the guy who "doesn't understand" what rape is and wallows in rape circle jerks who posts a picture of a woman with a thin body to show that for some women having babies is easy!

Except that is not what this is about. Not even remotely. And he gets away with this fucking bullshit day after day here. Because I remain the only person who will call him on it and he truly believes no one else sees him as the rape-enabling, woman hating, asshole that he is.

The idiocy on this board never stops. It's like the all night idiot store! It's 2am and you are having a moron craving and don't know where to go for one? Come to JPP!!! We rock around the clock! Morons are on sale on two-for-one Tuesdays! Use Promo Code "braindead" for an extra 10% off! We won't be undersold!

Of course it would be the guy who "doesn't understand" what rape is and wallows in rape circle jerks who posts a picture of a woman with a thin body to show that for some women having babies is easy!

Except that is not what this is about. Not even remotely. And he gets away with this fucking bullshit day after day here. Because I remain the only person who will call him on it and he truly believes no one else sees him as the rape-enabling, woman hating, asshole that he is.

you really are a sick bitch

Calm down dear, go bake a cake!!

Here's why you just aren't able to see your own behavior or reflection.

382513108_68fe31e5ed_z.jpg

Back