Is It Time For A Gas Tax?

toby

Maybe not, but how about taxing imported oil and oil products? Drill in Anwr and the gulf and tax imports. Gas prices are down but we see we handled the higher prices. Get weened off oil.

Weaned even. Hey, I'm all for getting off the OPEC tit. I have started getting the material together to start making my own ethanol. I figure my investment will pay for itself in about 8 months. It would have been quicker but I don't drive all that much. Plus next year it will be even cheaper to produce as I will raise my own corn for it. It's an experiment for me and I like to tinker. We'll see how it works out.

Hmmm... How do you regulate octane and what do you do about engine degradation? There is a reason we don't use E85 in every engine...

Weaned even. Hey, I'm all for getting off the OPEC tit. I have started getting the material together to start making my own ethanol. I figure my investment will pay for itself in about 8 months. It would have been quicker but I don't drive all that much. Plus next year it will be even cheaper to produce as I will raise my own corn for it. It's an experiment for me and I like to tinker. We'll see how it works out.

Yeah, I am planning on raising about 10 acres of corn next year and setting up a still and getting a corn burning stove :)
I bought a 2 row picker/husker last year. And plan on getting a sheller when I run accross a good deal on one.

Last edited:
That's great to make your own if you can. go for it. But what about the rest of us? We need to get away from importing oil. Get our own or use alternatives.

Back