APP - Is Mueller actually helping Trump now?

Teflon Don

I'm back baby
I posited this theory yesterday. As the Mueller side show drags on, we are treated to all sorts of revelations that end up amounting to nothing. The net effect is that it not only bolsters support among President Trump's core base, but I believe that he is winning over some moderate democrats that don't like the leftward, crazy lurch that their party has undertaken.

While Mueller slogs away in the mud, the #MAGA agenda chugs along and Trump mounts win after win. The left breathlessly squeals that they fear Trump is going to fire Mueller or Rosenstein. He never does. I have mentioned before that it is puzzling why Trump doesn't just declassify the information that would prove the FBIs misdeeds.

I can only presume that Trump is starting to believe the Mueller investigation is paradoxically helping him

I posited this theory yesterday. As the Mueller side show drags on, we are treated to all sorts of revelations that end up amounting to nothing. The net effect is that it not only bolsters support among President Trump's core base, but I believe that he is winning over some moderate democrats that don't like the leftward, crazy lurch that their party has undertaken.

While Mueller slogs away in the mud, the #MAGA agenda chugs along and Trump mounts win after win. The left breathlessly squeals that they fear Trump is going to fire Mueller or Rosenstein. He never does. I have mentioned before that it is puzzling why Trump doesn't just declassify the information that would prove the FBIs misdeeds.

I can only presume that Trump is starting to believe the Mueller investigation is paradoxically helping him
Wow...that's ten gallons of nonsense crammed into a 5 gallon bucket.

trump's 'core base' is 30% of the electorate. His 88% approval rating among Republicans equates to 88% of 40% of the electorate. Not very good for trump.

He isn't getting any moderate Dems. And...he isn't 'winning' anything. He now has to give welfare to the Heartland, but does nothing to address what he's going to have to give to fishermen, and manufacturers.

Wow...that's ten gallons of nonsense crammed into a 5 gallon bucket.

trump's 'core base' is 30% of the electorate. His 88% approval rating among Republicans equates to 88% of 40% of the electorate. Not very good for trump.

He isn't getting any moderate Dems. And...he isn't 'winning' anything. He now has to give welfare to the Heartland, but does nothing to address what he's going to have to give to fishermen, and manufacturers.

I am very appreciative that you are recycling the same arguments people made saying Trump could never win the GOP nomination and then could never win the Presidency. Yet he did. Care to amend your statement? It has already been proven false once before.

I am very appreciative that you are recycling the same arguments people made saying Trump could never win the GOP nomination and then could never win the Presidency. Yet he did. Care to amend your statement? It has already been proven false once before.
Sure...that was when the country was ripe for change. Many Bernie voters opted for trump solely because he wasn't a politician.

Now that he's screwed labor, farmers, and everyone but the wealthy, the country isn't falling for the Jerry Springer approach again.

Republican base is shrinking. Getting 100% support of 40% of the nation still leaves you a bit short. Independents are NOT trump supporters.

Sure...that was when the country was ripe for change. Many Bernie voters opted for trump solely because he wasn't a politician.

Now that he's screwed labor, farmers, and everyone but the wealthy, the country isn't falling for the Jerry Springer approach again.

Republican base is shrinking. Getting 100% support of 40% of the nation still leaves you a bit short. Independents are NOT trump supporters.

OK

I warned you guys against these false assumptions in November 2016, but I guess you didn't learn anything from that experience. I can only present you with the evidence. What you do with it is up to you.

OK

I warned you guys against these false assumptions in November 2016, but I guess you didn't learn anything from that experience. I can only present you with the evidence. What you do with it is up to you.
There's no denying that trump's win was a one in a million shot. But...the foundation for that perfect storm is gone. He can't use the same talking points, because we now see that all the lies about 'running the country the way I run my businesses' doesn't pan out.

Everyone in his cabinet is raping the taxpayer, and reaping huge rewards. There's no 'much better health insurance coverage, at a fraction of the price'. There's no 'raising taxes on the wealthy. Many of my friends are going to be very angry with me'.

We can speculate all we want. This November will be interesting.

There's no denying that trump's win was a one in a million shot. But...the foundation for that perfect storm is gone. He can't use the same talking points, because we now see that all the lies about 'running the country the way I run my businesses' doesn't pan out.

Everyone in his cabinet is raping the taxpayer, and reaping huge rewards. There's no 'much better health insurance coverage, at a fraction of the price'. There's no 'raising taxes on the wealthy. Many of my friends are going to be very angry with me'.

We can speculate all we want. This November will be interesting.

Interesting about the tax issue because the state of New York is suing the government over his tax bill because the rich are going to be paying more so there is that :)

Interesting about the tax issue because the state of New York is suing the government over his tax bill because the rich are going to be paying more so there is that :)
It's not the rich. It's the middle class with SALT tax liability over $10k/year. The rich got huge breaks on their taxes, so the SALT deduction is meaningless to them.

It's not the rich. It's the middle class with SALT tax liability over $10k/year. The rich got huge breaks on their taxes, so the SALT deduction is meaningless to them.

How can you be so woefully uninformed.

#1 it only impacts those who itemize their deductions
#2 Only 35% of filers itemize
#3 And here comes the biggy

“About 10 percent of tax filers with incomes less than $50,000 claimed the SALT deduction in 2014, compared with about 81 percent of tax filers with incomes exceeding $100,000,” the Tax Policy Center says in a brief on the topic.

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/11/facts-salt-deduction/

Living in the past just as your signature is. Trump lost the majority vote before, and it would only take an 85,000 vote shift for him to lose next time. You Trump sycophants need to get a new chant to defend your lying, thieving, cowardly, pervert. Putin has him well under control, and you with him.

My argument is very sound. The SALT deduction was capped at $10,000. That is not the income level.

You should improve your reading comprehension before you jump into a conversation. I will save you future embarrassment.

No wonder 56% of Americans think you democrats are out of the main stream

It's sad, isn't it, Don?

It's definitely showing how meritless the left is.

Just a quick reminder for one of the people posting in this thread:

This subforum has been created to encourage a higher level of conversation and debate. This subforum inherits all site wide rules, and has some additional caveats:

No insults directed at specific individuals

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...PP-Rules-for-this-Forum-(Read-before-Posting)

You ignored a few:

3. No trolling
4. No flaming

You should aim to be courteous, kind, patient, intelligent and receptive to one another.

Back