Is this the worst car in the world?

cancel2 2022

Canceled
article-2163557-13BFBC77000005DC-114_638x463.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-worst-car-makes-debut-Craigslist-3-000.html

The worst cars in the world are all British, aren't they?

Triumph TR7

Rover 200

Austin Allegro

Triumph Stag

MGA Twin-cam

Hillman Imp

Morris 1800

Triumph Dolomite

Austin Princess

Morris Marina

Most of BL's shoddy 70's output, in fact

Triumph TR7

Rover 200

Austin Allegro

Triumph Stag

MGA Twin-cam

Hillman Imp

Morris 1800

Triumph Dolomite

Austin Princess

Morris Marina

Most of BL's shoddy 70's output, in fact

Expected CURRENT British cars since you used the present tense.

Jaguar.. Land Rover..

You are showing your age, dear boy. I had a Daimler several years ago (carbon copy of a Jag) and it was crap. 18'6'' long and a turning circle greater than an ocean going tanker. The modern Jag (I took a ride in one on Saturday last) is a fine car and well up to its original expetations. (Not entirely British either). The Land Rover, similarly is part owned by the Indian company Tata.
You are probably referring to cars manufactured when the marques were owned by Ford. Now remind me....Ford ... where is that from?

This was a British car and the same model as I first learned to drive when I was nearly 18.

fs_17048.jpg

You are showing your age, dear boy. I had a Daimler several years ago (carbon copy of a Jag) and it was crap. 18'6'' long and a turning circle greater than an ocean going tanker. The modern Jag (I took a ride in one on Saturday last) is a fine car and well up to its original expetations. (Not entirely British either). The Land Rover, similarly is part owned by the Indian company Tata.
You are probably referring to cars manufactured when the marques were owned by Ford. Now remind me....Ford ... where is that from?

This was a British car and the same model as I first learned to drive when I was nearly 18.

View attachment 1675

I can see why you might wonder where Ford is from... since they are found on virtually every continent in abundance. I don't believe they ever made Jaguars or Land Rovers. And we can argue "part owned" semantics, both Jaguar and Land Rover are known as British contributions to automobiles...don't try pawning them off on the Indians!

The modern Jag (I took a ride in one on Saturday last) is a fine car and well up to its original expetations. (Not entirely British either). The Land Rover, similarly is part owned by the Indian company Tata. You are probably referring to cars manufactured when the marques were owned by Ford.

From 2009:

In March, Jaguar tied with Buick for the top spot in the J.D. Power Vehicle Dependability Study, defying its reputation of poor reliability.

On Monday, J.D. Power released its Initial Quality Study, and Jaguar found itself back closer to the bottom.

Jaguar ranked 28th in this year’s Initial Quality Study (out of 37 brands)

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/23/xf-lowers-jaguars-quality-ranking/

I bet that in real life you are a pathetic little shit who always got bullied at school.

So I was right. Lacking any prospects for English-owned auto manufacturing, the "boffins" must work as "designers" of one-offs.

Back