Is 'Zulu Time' RACIST?

Somehow, the guy that usually covers his face with a Confederate Battle Flag, jumps in on this and tries to whitewash it! (Pun intended) :nono:
Some people see racism where none exists.

OTOH, some people have to be on the backside of the IQ Bell Curve to make the rest of us look good. :D

I've heard that guy 'ThreeDee' use it.

I do not think so. Zulus are a nation of Black people, but it is not being used in a derogatory way. I see nothing wrong with it.

What do you see wrong with it?

Later edit:
Zulu is used as part of the NATO phonetic alphabet. Other letters are Lima, Quebec, Sierra, and Yankee. All those refer to places or people, but with the possible exception of Yankee, none are ever derogatory. A Zulu in South Africa has no problem with being called a Zulu. It is just a word that can refer to a group of people, or a letter.

I do not think so. Zulus are a nation of Black people, but it is not being used in a derogatory way. I see nothing wrong with it.

Later edit:
Zulu is used as part of the NATO phonetic alphabet. Other letters are Lima, Quebec, Sierra, and Yankee. All those refer to places or people, but with the possible exception of Yankee, none are ever derogatory. A Zulu in South Africa has no problem with being called a Zulu. It is just a word that can refer to a group of people, or a letter.

He doesn't see anything wrong with it. That's just Jack. He loves to stir the pot. He's very generous and always adds extra shit to it before stirring. :laugh:

Does the military still call it "Zulu time"? Science uses UTC -- Coordinated Universal Time. Same thing as Zulu or GMT.

He doesn't see anything wrong with it. That's just Jack. He loves to stir the pot. He's very generous and always adds extra shit to it before stirring. :laugh:

Does the military still call it "Zulu time"? Science uses UTC -- Coordinated Universal Time. Same thing as Zulu or GMT.

GMT is Greenwich Mean Time. Greenwich (part of Greater London) is nearly 20% Black, which is just a random fact.

Later edit:

Thanks.

Don't confuse Walt. He has no idea who 'ThreeDee' is, explains 'Zulu is a nation of Black People', and informs you that 'Greenwich is a part of London with 20% Black population', ... plus starting YOUR Tribute Thread.

(I would take your Winnings while you were ahead)

:cheer::party::yay::party::cheer:

Heh, thanks. UTC = Zulu = GMT.

Close but no cookie. UTC is the time system. GMT/Zulu/Zero Mean time is a time zone and the starting point of the UTC system. Greenwich, London, England is home to the Royal Observatory first commissioned in 1657.

Maritime navigation is/was dependent upon accurate star and/or Sun sightings and an accurate clock.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Observatory,_Greenwich#Chronology

The 24 time zones are named using the phonetic alphabet. https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/a

I didn't check which two letters aren't used.

Close but no cookie. UTC is the time system. GMT/Zulu/Zero Mean time is a time zone and the starting point of the UTC system. Greenwich, London, England is home to the Royal Observatory first commissioned in 1657.

Maritime navigation is/was dependent upon accurate star and/or Sun sightings and an accurate clock.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Observatory,_Greenwich#Chronology

The 24 time zones are named using the phonetic alphabet. https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/a

I didn't check which two letters aren't used.

Q! Because someone already took that one. lol

Back