APP - Isn't this a tempest in a teapot?

canceled.2021.3

Former Vice President
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017...p-pardon-of-thug-arpaio-akin-to-castros-cuba/

All of this hand wringing and teeth gnashing over the pardon of Joe Arpaio? For what? Because he was trying to do his job and enforce the laws he was sworn to uphold?

It really is stunning to see what has become of some peoples sanity.

I have heard some say this is a "Constitutional Crisis". Apparently they haven't read the Constitution lately or if they did, they did not understand it. But, the power to pardon by the President is his and his alone. He does not have to consult Congress. He does not have to consult anyone.

There have been lots of questionable pardons over our Country's history, but I can't remember one that has triggered so many as this one. Will the democrat party unleash their goons Antifa in a mass protest?

Much more than a teapot

I doesn't help your argument to suggest that those who disagree with you "have gone mad," merely that you don't know the facts about Arpaio's career. I suggest you take a look at the official investigation report which led to his eventual criminal conviction You can find it here:

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/crt/legacy/2011/12/15/mcso_findletter_12-15-11.pdf

Arpaio wasn't fired for "doing his job," he was fired for doing things that were not his job:

Joe Arpaio engaged in blatant racial discrimination. His officers systematically targeted Latinos, often arresting them on spurious charges and at least sometimes beating them up when they questioned those charges. Once Latinos were arrested, bad things happened to them. Many were sent to Tent City, which Arpaio himself proudly called a “concentration camp” where they lived under brutal conditions, with temperatures inside the tents sometimes rising to 145 degrees And when he received court orders to stop these practices, he simply ignored them, which led to his eventual conviction — after decades in office — for contempt of court.

Conservatives boast about their dedication to the Constitution and the rule of law. Fascists thrill at harsh government suppression of racial and religious minorities. Which side are you on?

Back