APP - It did happen here. NDAA is tyranny in your face

Add this:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-645

And you get some really interesting discussions. They'll, of course, tell me I'm crazy for paying attention to actual laws passed and stuff, but dang.

how long do you think it will take for scotus to get involved in this

the ndaa is a clear violation of the 4th amendment

is this law is allowed to stand then we can kiss goodbye to the u s of a as we knew it and we all become potential slaves to the government

This law is disgusting. Those who passed it should be tried for treason.

i am more interested in where this pos legislation came from

anyone have any thoughts on when or what scotus will do with it?

it originated with the homeland security committee. mccain and levine secretly authored it.

my guess is scotus won't have to touch it. the padilla case has already ruled on this situation and unless the district and appellate courts turn yellow, they'll rule it unconstitutional as well.

how long do you think it will take for scotus to get involved in this

the ndaa is a clear violation of the 4th amendment

is this law is allowed to stand then we can kiss goodbye to the u s of a as we knew it and we all become potential slaves to the government

If you go by the past, somebody has to disappear first and somehow hire a lawyer at the same time...

I'm not sure, but somebody should have run it past them first. Both of these laws are hideous.

You have to be deluded to think the scotus will get involved. The law says you won't get a lawyer and you can be held until hostilities cease. How could you think there's a chance you'd get to see a courtroom?

Actually, as American's I would argue we all have standing to challenge this law right now. We all face a real possibility that we will be caught up by this law and therefore it acts as an infringement on our liberties right this moment. I am curious as to how someone like Scalia, is a strict constructionist will come down on this. He should be the author of the opinion that strikes this part of the law down. Somehow, I am sure he will find a reason not to.

Treason no longer exists. Loyalty to nation is wrong. That's nationalism, which is being a nazi. We all should be loyal to the entire earth instead.

If you go by the past, somebody has to disappear first and somehow hire a lawyer at the same time...

Exactly. I think that's considered a paradox, isn't it? Hmm, interesting how that will turn out.

I suppose the next President could, theoretically, have all the Supreme Court Justices arrested thereby preventing them from ruling on the law.

Actually, as American's I would argue we all have standing to challenge this law right now. We all face a real possibility that we will be caught up by this law and therefore it acts as an infringement on our liberties right this moment. I am curious as to how someone like Scalia, is a strict constructionist will come down on this. He should be the author of the opinion that strikes this part of the law down. Somehow, I am sure he will find a reason not to.

But you dont believe in the constitution either, hypocrite. You don't even really believe that all individuals deserve protection from racial/gender discrimination, as proved by your support of Affirmative Action Racial Gender Revenge.

Back