It May Shock You to Learn: Hippie Country Music Star Willie Nelson, Busted for Pot

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Willie gets caught by cops in Louisiana with one and a half pounds of pot.

And all they do is give him a citation.

BREAUX BRIDGE, La. (AP) - Willie Nelson and several members of his band were issued misdemeanor citations for drug possession early today during a traffic stop in Saint Martin Parish.

The traffic stop was conducted on Interstate 10 near Breaux Bridge.

Trooper Willie Williams says troopers smelled a strong odor of marijuana when the driver opened the bus door.

During a search of the bus, Williams say approximately 1 1/2 pounds of marijuana and approximately 2/10 of a pound of mushrooms were located on the bus.

The 73-year-old Nelson of Spicewood, Texas; 59-year-old Tony Sizemore of Saint Cloud, Fla.; 75-year-old Bobbie Nelson of Briarcliff, Texas; 54-year-old Gates Moore of Austin, Texas; and 50-year-old David Anderson of Dallas, Texas were issued citations for possession of mushrooms and possession of marijuana and released.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060918/D8K7D41O0.html

Interesting. Was that 1.5 pounds between all of them or just willie I wonder.

I believe 1 and a half pounds is above the legal limit... isn't it? Should it still be a misdemeanor? I know in Mississippi it's like a pound or something... Are shrooms a misdemeaner?

Poor Willie, I just heard someone talking about playing with him and commenting on how much pot he smoked, and I thought this can't be good, someone commenting on national television about the quantity of pot you smoke. It is still against the law after all. I can't remember who it was who said this, but I heard it late last night and less than 24 hours later Willie is busted. I guess they already had him under surviellance, he's that subversive. Some of his thoughts I'm sure are "unacceptable"!!!!

How are they going to get back to Texas? They were going to use it to make fuel for the bus.

Yeah I hear pot and mushrooms is a pretty volatile mix alright. I don't know it if can get you to Texas, but it can put you in a different place.
Well maybe the thing is, if you're going to spend a protracted period of time in TX, you might want to bring a big old bag of smoke and some 'shrooms, so you can forget.

Why is pot still illegal, anyway? Oh, yeah silly me - forgot - the false basis for the ludicrous (and Constituionally violative) "War on Drugs."

Back