I've noticed a pattern...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
There's a yearly cooling trend that happens after August and ends somewhere around March...

Anyway.

Today is the first day of winter. I hope y'all have already been on the slopes at least once. We're going ice fishing this weekend after Christmas, which usually entails much riding of snowmachines on the ice before we finally settle on a place to put up the shelter...

I hope y'all enjoy your holiday. I'm going to have a ton of fun.

There's a yearly cooling trend that happens after August and ends somewhere around March...

Anyway.

Today is the first day of winter. I hope y'all have already been on the slopes at least once. We're going ice fishing this weekend after Christmas, which usually entails much riding of snowmachines on the ice before we finally settle on a place to put up the shelter...

Why are you lying, you Global Warming Denier??

Anyway.

I'd ride a slope out here, but all the friction might start a brush fire! I know it's prejudiced of me, but I always looked at skiing as a stuck up, rich kid sport.

Now golf, there's a game for the working man that just epitomizes equality.

Anyway.

That is so cruel!!! Although we had one bone-chillingly cold day in Wichita Falls when we were there a week and a half ago, today it was 64 and anyway, we don't have any slopes! No skiing, no icefishing, nada. I'm just hoping for decent (read: mild, driveable) weather in Amarillo over the New Year's weekend. They're known for nasty weather around then, though it rarely makes it this far south.

I do miss winter activities!

Here in Western WA it snowed 8 days ago and my power went out for 5 hours. The rain took out the snow (in Olympia - I think up in Seattle it lingered for a couple more days), and nothing exciting has happened since.

I'd ride a slope out here, but all the friction might start a brush fire! I know it's prejudiced of me, but I always looked at skiing as a stuck up, rich kid sport.

My guess is that I spend less on skiing/ hour than you do in golf/ hour. Plus its a family outing.

Its been long sleeve weather out here too. Got into the low 60s a couple nights ago. Winter is HERE!

... I hope y'all have already been on the slopes at least once. ....

I've been skiing three weekends now. Actually two; I had to cancel last weekend because there was too much snow. And after talking with some of those who went I'm glad that I did. The normal two hour drive was a white-knuckle 7.

But I'm up here for two solid weeks, and the conditions are amazing.

Nice to see your correct use of the American language (y'all). :good4u:

That is so cruel!!! Although we had one bone-chillingly cold day in Wichita Falls when we were there a week and a half ago, today it was 64 and anyway, we don't have any slopes! No skiing, no icefishing, nada. I'm just hoping for decent (read: mild, driveable) weather in Amarillo over the New Year's weekend. They're known for nasty weather around then, though it rarely makes it this far south.

I don't think it is more than a 17 hour drive to somewhere in Colorado from where you are... You have no excuse!

:D

I don't. This is the time of year when kick myself in the ass for leaving my home in Davidson, NC to come back to Ohio. What the hell was I thinking?

The other day my wife was in a holiday mood and was singing "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow." Me? I was smiling and at the same time singing "Let the sunshine in!"

You do understand that the irony of your comment on golf probably went right over some peoples heads. LOL

Back