Jade's music of the world.

I thought I'd share something that came to America awhile back. It's especially popular in Norway, Folk Metal. This is probably the most well known band of the genre. In the early years they were mostly Norwegian lyrics, but when they became popular here they adapted with more English. I'm sharing a lighter song, and I'm sure Owlwoman will enjoy the name.

Last edited:
I wanted to find some music from a Shit Hole country*, so ladies and gentlemen....
please put your hands together for Boukman Eksperyans from Haiti.

*sarcasm alert...

Last edited:
Love this group from Iceland.

I'm not sure, but you might try listening to the first song I put up. If the dark male vocals don't bug you too much, it has great harmony for metal music. You'd probably like the female vocals anyway.

Last edited:
Owl, That Iceland tune is some good stuff!

I had a girlfriend in grad school who was really into salsa music. Especially Colombian salsa. I gotta admit....it is hella fun to dance to...even for a stiff white dude like me!

Here's some amazing African Burundi Drum music and the drummers themselves are amazing!

Last edited:
This is to share music from throughout the world. Best to keep to outside American music.

Considering all the racism, bigotry, misogyny, and plain old dumb-assery jpp.com is infamous for tolerating and encouraging, you should be commended for contributing tasteful, thoughtful, and insightful threads.

Back