Jesus Camp

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Film Shows Youths Training to Fight for Jesus

Praying for President Bush, and Praying for Conservative Judges

ABC News

Sept. 17, 2006 — An in-your-face documentary out this weekend is raising eyebrows, raising hackles and raising questions about evangelizing to young people.

Speaking in tongues, weeping for salvation, praying for an end to abortion and worshipping a picture of President Bush — these are some of the activities at Pastor Becky Fischer's Bible camp in North Dakota, "Kids on Fire," subject of the provocative new documentary, "Jesus Camp."

"I want to see them as radically laying down their lives for the gospel as they are in Palestine, Pakistan and all those different places," Fisher said. "Because, excuse me, we have the truth."

"A lot of people die for God," one camper said, "and they're not afraid."

"We're kinda being trained to be warriors," said another, "only in a funner way."

The film has caused a split among evangelicals. Some say it's designed to demonize. Others have embraced it, including Fischer, who's helping promote the film.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=2455343&page=2

Film Shows Youths Training to Fight for Jesus

Praying for President Bush, and Praying for Conservative Judges

ABC News

Sept. 17, 2006 — An in-your-face documentary out this weekend is raising eyebrows, raising hackles and raising questions about evangelizing to young people.

Speaking in tongues, weeping for salvation, praying for an end to abortion and worshipping a picture of President Bush — these are some of the activities at Pastor Becky Fischer's Bible camp in North Dakota, "Kids on Fire," subject of the provocative new documentary, "Jesus Camp."

"I want to see them as radically laying down their lives for the gospel as they are in Palestine, Pakistan and all those different places," Fisher said. "Because, excuse me, we have the truth."

"A lot of people die for God," one camper said, "and they're not afraid."

"We're kinda being trained to be warriors," said another, "only in a funner way."

The film has caused a split among evangelicals. Some say it's designed to demonize. Others have embraced it, including Fischer, who's helping promote the film.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=2455343&page=2

lol man, I saw the trailer for that, that's some scary stuff.

When I lived in seattle there were these two girls that were part of a church and their goal was to always get me 'saved'. One time they invited me to go to this fun church thing... but what ended up happening is that I was put in a backroom (I was 11) and these adults kept pressuring me to sign a contract to accept jesus and such. If I did that I would also get a jolly Rancher.

Psychos.

I find it shocking that you have madrass style religious universities in the US.

Or rather that the US criticises others for something itself commits.

Education and religion should be mutually exclusive...

I find it shocking that you have madrass style religious universities in the US.

Or rather that the US criticises others for something itself commits.

Education and religion should be mutually exclusive...
They have a legal right to have a Private University. They cannot, however, directly work toward the downfall of the nation...

Darn! I was hoping that "kids on fire" was literal. Hey, you never know what some of these whack nuts will do to "prove" their faith . . . .

It kinda sounds like those Madrasas schools in Pakistan. Teaching kids to be holy warriors.

And to worship giant pictures of President Bush of course ;)

There was some outrage at "indoctrination" on the board a few days ago. The rage seems to have dissipated.

The main problem with these kind of people is their fecundity. You never find these kind of yahoos as childless couples. They always have an army of kids.

The main problem with these kind of people is their fecundity. You never find these kind of yahoos as childless couples. They always have an army of kids.

Boy isn't that the truth. I think a big part of the reason for that is their indoctrination of women who are taught that motherhood is their holy destiny, and that the more children they have, the closer they get to reaching their fulfilment as a "true woman". And that the only happiness a true woman can obtain is through serving their husband's needs and raising as many children as possible. If they are meeting all of their husbands needs and also continuing to breed, they will then know true joy, the only kind a woman can attain. And because this is the only joy she can hope to attain, her only need is the need to please her husband and raise his children.(as opposed to a man who nature has endowed with various needs, all of which she is duty-bound to fulfill).

Is it any wonder that men wrote the holy books? I mean, you have to admit, they did alright by themselves.

In reallity women pretty much are the backbone of the US protestant churches.
Do they not realize this ? Or endorse the percieved male rule ?

Back