JFK Biographies

cawacko

I've read many a Presidential biography but realized I've never read one on JFK. In doing some research I've seen a few folks say "An Unfinished Life: John F Kennedy, 1917-1963" by Robert Dallek is the best.

Anyone read it? Is there another JFK biography to be recommended instead?

I've read many a Presidential biography but realized I've never read one on JFK. In doing some research I've seen a few folks say "An Unfinished Life: John F Kennedy, 1917-1963" by Robert Dallek is the best.

I’ve read enough over the years to feel like I don’t need to read a biography.
Him getting assassinated no doubt made him a saint like martyr.
He wasn’t around long enough to accurately assess his time in office.
He’s kind of a mixed bag IMO.

I've always been intrigued with his secretaries cum sexual playmates Fiddle and Faddle. You had to admire the man his sexual stamina was truly amazing.

I've heard that sentiment before. In some respects he was lionized moreso due to his tragic assassination at a time when the American public still felt some form of connection to the President. He was clearly a figure that had people who loved him and those who hated him. It is hard to tell if longer term he would have been a truly good president. He certainly was able to navigate the Cuban Missile Crisis but I don't really know how much of that was well-handled and skillful and how much was us catching a lucky break and the Soviets being the ones to blink.

He was the first to really dip our toes in Vietnam and he was kind of cut from that old-school cloth that would probably have continued that and done what Johnson did.

My curiosity is whether RFK would have been a good president or not.

It's really sad for America that we never got a chance to find out.

I read ,it have a copy ,it's an excellent book !
It's well worth reading.
Jack and Lem by David Pitts is an interesting read too

1720452435023-png.1598213

Back