Jim Nabors dies at age 87

When my dad was in his mid-80s, close to his passing, he told me that the worst thing about getting old wasn't the aches and pains and health issues. It was witnessing the passing of your family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, and contemporary public figures. I was in my 40s then and only understood dimly. Now I'm in my 60s and have begun to grok.

RIP Mr. Nabors.

When my dad was in his mid-80s, close to his passing, he told me that the worst thing about getting old wasn't the aches and pains and health issues. It was witnessing the passing of your family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, and contemporary public figures. I was in my 40s then and only understood dimly. Now I'm in my 60s and have begun to grok.

RIP Mr. Nabors.

I grok ya.

RIP Gomer.

The United States Marine Corps released a statement on Nabors: "Semper Fi, Gomer Pyle. Rest in peace Jim Nabors, one of the few to ever be named an Honorary Marine.
12-04-14-gomer-pyle-3.jpg

You just can't stop being an uneducated lowlife dirtbag peckerwood, can you?

I can't stop being something I've never been. You've been, are, and always will be nothing more than what I've proven you are. Live with it. You choose to be it.

Back