Jim Webb: Boy's penis in father's mouth is a sign of affection, not a sexual act

Whitey

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200610/POL20061027c.html

Webb Says His Novels 'Inappropriate' for News Radio
By Nathan Burchfiel
CNSNews.com Staff Writer
October 27, 2006

(CNSNews.com) - In an interview on Washington Post Radio Friday morning, Jim Webb, the Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate in Virginia, said excerpts of his novels are "a little bit inappropriate" to be read on news radio.

"I don't know why you're reading that on WTOP," Webb told host Mark Plotkin. "I think it's a little bit inappropriate."

Plotkin was reading an excerpt from Webb's novel "Something to Die For," in which Webb describes a female stripper performing sexual acts with a banana.

"I don't think that's appropriate for you to read on WTOP," Webb said again as Plotkin finished the excerpt. (Washington Post Radio is WTOP's sister station.)

The campaign of Republican Sen. George Allen on Thursday released excerpts from some of the war novels Webb wrote between 1978 and 2002. The books include some graphic sexual passages, as well as frequent uses of a racial slur for blacks and descriptions of Vietnamese women as "monkey-faced."

Among the excerpts is a scene from the 2002 novel "Lost Soldiers," in which a man embraces his four-year-old son and places the boy's penis in his mouth.

He defended his fiction as "illuminative."

"It's not a sexual act," Webb told Plotkin regarding the "Lost Soldiers" excerpt. "I actually saw this happen in a slum in Bangkok when I was there as a journalist."

Coincidentally, a Cambodian woman in Las Vegas is facing sexual assault charges for performing a similar act on her young son, according to an Oct. 14 report in the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

The article quotes an office manager for the Cambodian Association of America, who described the act as a sign of respect or love.

"It's an exception," Thira Srey told the Review-Journal of the practice. According to the report, the act is usually performed by a mother or caretaker on a child who is one year old or younger. In Webb's novel, the child is four years old.

so...you admit that this act that he describes in his novel is not some pedophile fantasy concocted by him, but rather the description of a practice that is common in the far east?

Why didn't you SAY so?

It would seem to me that, if you understand that fact, that you should be castigating the Allen campaign for suggesting otherwise.

Will such a post be forthcoming?

The books include some graphic sexual passages, as well as frequent uses of a racial slur for blacks and descriptions of Vietnamese women as "monkey-faced."

Hmmm... and all that fuss they made over Macaca?

hmmm...the difference between fiction and non-fiction, I would imagine.

what a fucking desparate loser you are! You KNOW that you are gonna owe me $100 in a week and a half. Will you have the integrity to pay up, or will you use your slander against me and my reply as a justification for reneging on your bet?

Last edited:
ok, scooter libby's book has beastiality in it...do you think that means that scooter libby was in to having sex with animals himself?

VP Cheney's wife wrote a novel that had lesbian sex scenes in it, do you think that this means that Mrs. Cheney is a lesbian herself or has gone both ways?

just curious...

and Webb's novels have been hailed by MANY as the best stuff out there dealing with our involvement in Vietnam. For the republicans to go after Kerry and his Silver Star was despicable enough. To go after a guy like Jim Webb with his Navy Cross is beyond the pale....and a sure sign of their desperation.

Back