Johnny Football's new Heisman moment

Big Money

johnnyhorizontal.jpg

The Heisman Trophy winner made another Heisman worthy play.

On third-and-8, Manziel made an amazing scramble to avoid a sack, maneuvering his way out of the grasp of 290-pound Alabama defensive lineman Jeoffrey Pagan, and somehow managed to throw the ball nearly 50 yards for a 12-yard gain.

manziel-reax-1024x576.jpg

That play was luck. Now, some of the deep passes he launched down the sidelines were awesome, along with the 95 yard TD play.

The play was luck and only gained 12 yards. But yeah, he had plenty of awesome passes, and that 6'5" receiver (Ellis?) kicked our ass all night long. Manziel is one accurate passer.

That play was luck. Now, some of the deep passes he launched down the sidelines were awesome, along with the 95 yard TD play.
Not only that but when Manziel broke lose the defensive end was held by an A&M Tackle which didn't get called. You could clearly see that in the replay.

Wow....I don't think you'll have to worry about either of those teams winning the national championship. I can't believe Bama's defense was that awful. What a big drop off from last year. Looks like LSWho is the team to beat in the SEC. My observation is that Johnny Football is somewhat over rated. He's very similar to my Buckeyes Braxton Miller....though He's not as explosive a runner as Miller and he's not even remotely at the same level of talent as Tyrell Pryor. What was really impressive was both teams offensive lines. I was particularly impressed with A&M's trap blocking. Other than that....neither looked like Championship caliber teams. What impressed me was that Bama showed significant improvement in throwing the ball though that's hard to judge. Was Bama's offense that good or was A&M's defense that bad? If I was a Bama fan I would be alarmed at giving up that many points. It would be one thing if Bama had dominated the score and led the whole game.....but they didn't. They got off to a slow start and it almost cost them dearly. I know my Buckeyes D gave up 34 points but Cals last two drives were pretty much no big deal as we had a huge lead and those drive by Cal ate up a lot of the clock. The Buckeyes were never in serious danger or losing that game. They simply dominated. Can't say that Bama vs A&M. The Tide was fortunate to walk out of there with a win....though I'll give the Tide credit. Those were miserable playing conditions and going down 21 to 7 would have been it for most teams under those conditions on the road and playing in that miserable kind of heat.

The play was luck and only gained 12 yards. But yeah, he had plenty of awesome passes, and that 6'5" receiver (Ellis?) kicked our ass all night long. Manziel is one accurate passer.
At the college level......he has a long way to go to be a top NFL prospect as a QB. What impressed me was A&M's offensive line. That first quarter they threw trap block after trap block and Bama simply couldn't stop them. It wasn't like A&M's O line was manhandling Bama's defense either, they just plain out executed them. A&M arguably has the best offensive line in College football and they make life a hell of a lot easier for dear little Johnny. Don't get me wrong. At the college level Johnny is a talented up tempo QB but his O line was giving him huge holes and running lanes and all day to pass. That right guard at A&M will probably be playing at the next level. He was very good at pulling and leading sweeps.

Johnny has great skill and instincts, which were illustrated by his accuracy and his scrambling (to include the way he broke out of the tackle). He is not a very smart QB, though. When given time to think, he threw that retarded left fade (seriously, that was probably the dumbest decision a QB made yesterday).

Back