JPP - Republican Primary Begins

Good Call Alex!

I'd actually consider voting for Christie if I knew that the dems had over 66% of the senate and most of the house.

I dont think she is, but if she were Id seriously consider her. She was one of the very very few to stand up to Bush early on, she got fired for it!

I have a lot of respect for her.

I respect someone that is against my idealology that has principles more than a wishy washy people pleaser that tries to get along with everybody.

Go Tancredo!

I'd vote for him over Rudy or the Maverick. The thing is, there aren't too many Republicans who are known well-enough nationally at this point. The ones who are, seem to be the frontrunners in the polls, which makes sense. As the candidates start lining up and campaigning, people can get a better idea of who they like and support, right now, it's a popularity contest.

I think Newt could have a shot. Based on his popularity among conservatives alone, and strong Southern appeal, you have to think he is a contender in an otherwise weak or watered-down field. If we have to pick between McCain, Rudy, Mitt, Tancredo, Frist, Newt and others, I think Newt stands as good a chance as anyone, to come away with the nomination. He could then pick Gulliani as his running mate, and have a strong shot at NY.

As Robert Byrd would say, Thea's a lotta politickin' left ta do!

I'd vote for him over Rudy or the Maverick. The thing is, there aren't too many Republicans who are known well-enough nationally at this point. The ones who are, seem to be the frontrunners in the polls, which makes sense. As the candidates start lining up and campaigning, people can get a better idea of who they like and support, right now, it's a popularity contest.

I think Newt could have a shot. Based on his popularity among conservatives alone, and strong Southern appeal, you have to think he is a contender in an otherwise weak or watered-down field. If we have to pick between McCain, Rudy, Mitt, Tancredo, Frist, Newt and others, I think Newt stands as good a chance as anyone, to come away with the nomination. He could then pick Gulliani as his running mate, and have a strong shot at NY.

As Robert Byrd would say, Thea's a lotta politickin' left ta do!

Good call on Newt! He'd be a strong nominee for the GOP.

You should really consider a Newt/Tancredo ticket. It might be unbeatable.

Back