Just listened to Pete Townshend's album (CD), Who Came First.....

It's fantastic! Pete's songwriting is superb. It's a mellow album, but never boring. Pete originally released it in 1972. It's kind of the "lost" Who album between Who's Next and Quadrophenia. I listened to it twice, back to back, tonight. Just a wonderful release. If you're a fan of the Who or Pete Townshend's music, pick this one up!

It's fantastic! Pete's songwriting is superb. It's a mellow album, but never boring. Pete originally released it in 1972. It's kind of the "lost" Who album between Who's Next and Quadrophenia. I listened to it twice, back to back, tonight. Just a wonderful release. If you're a fan of the Who or Pete Townshend's music, pick this one up!

I saw The Who in a packed Pontiac Stadium on
Dec 6 1975

Tommy is my favorite Who album. The Overture is my favorite instrumental of all time. I still have the original two LP vinyl in my collection.

Saw them in I'll say '68 at the Fillmore in NYC and again in I believe '82 without Moon, the difference was noticeable.
Were they doing Tommy yet? That was a turning point. Tommy/Quadrophenia are two Townshend masterpieces.

Tommy is my favorite Who album. The Overture is my favorite instrumental of all time. I still have the original two LP vinyl in my collection.

Tommy IS awesome. It's my second favorite Who album, after Who's Next. Pete's Who Came First is almost as impressive as these two.

Were they doing Tommy yet? That was a turning point. Tommy/Quadrophenia are two Townshend masterpieces.

Don't think so, I don't know if it was even released in '68, and I believe they weren't even the top act on the bill, and before you ask, I can't remember who was

Don't think so, I don't know if it was even released in '68, and I believe they weren't even the top act on the bill, and before you ask, I can't remember who was
It was released in '69. I was wondering if they were experimenting with live Tommy stuff yet.

Back