Just say no to outsourcing.

uscitizen

Villified User
Woman Who Sped Through D.C. Crowd Loses Job at Councilman's Office

Monday, June 04, 2007

WASHINGTON — The woman who plowed through a crowd of people with her car Saturday night will no longer be working as a receptionist in the office of Washington, D.C., Councilman Marion Barry.

Barry, the former mayor, terminated a contract with the company who provided Tonya Bell as a temporary employee for his office.

"Needless to say we are greatly saddened by the incident not only because of the tremendous pain and suffering of the victims, but also because our office relied on the integrity of your screening procedures in agreeing to the placement," Barry wrote in a letter sent to NAI Personnel, the employment agency.

Forty people were injured after Bell drove through a street festival with her Volvo. Bell had been "smoking crack all day long," Police Chief Cathy Lanier alleged.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,277779,00.html

""Needless to say we are greatly saddened by the incident not only because of the tremendous pain and suffering of the victims, but also because our office relied on the integrity of your screening procedures in agreeing to the placement," Barry wrote in a letter sent to NAI Personnel, the employment agency."

I think the temp agency should sue Barry for defamation. Clearly they did their job. What better fit for Barry than a crack addict? I mean they were made for each other. ;)

Woman Who Sped Through D.C. Crowd Loses Job at Councilman's Office

Monday, June 04, 2007

WASHINGTON — The woman who plowed through a crowd of people with her car Saturday night will no longer be working as a receptionist in the office of Washington, D.C., Councilman Marion Barry.

Barry, the former mayor, terminated a contract with the company who provided Tonya Bell as a temporary employee for his office.

"Needless to say we are greatly saddened by the incident not only because of the tremendous pain and suffering of the victims, but also because our office relied on the integrity of your screening procedures in agreeing to the placement," Barry wrote in a letter sent to NAI Personnel, the employment agency.

Forty people were injured after Bell drove through a street festival with her Volvo. Bell had been "smoking crack all day long," Police Chief Cathy Lanier alleged.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,277779,00.html

Outsourcing kicks ass.

Interesting. Not that I know anyone at any of the offices I worked at smoked crack, but I think that it may be a little odd that two people that like to crack it up work together. I wonder what the story behind that is. Did he get her into it? Is she his dealer like Damo suggests? Did he meet her a crackhouse and suggest she go through that particular temp agency?

I'm pretty sure a good story is lurking beneath this.

PS
How is he still in office??!!

Interesting. Not that I know anyone at any of the offices I worked at smoked crack, but I think that it may be a little odd that two people that like to crack it up work together. I wonder what the story behind that is. Did he get her into it? Is she his dealer like Damo suggests? Did he meet her a crackhouse and suggest she go through that particular temp agency?

I'm pretty sure a good story is lurking beneath this.

PS
How is he still in office??!!
They vote him in to "punish" people who they believe don't like him because of pigmentation issues rather than his penchant for some of the worst illegal drugs...

Back