Keep Your Family Safe...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Color Coded map with registered offenders.

Put in your address.

Don't use this as the end-all be all. Most children are hurt by those who are close to them, not by the random stranger. Use this as a bit of prevention. Pay particular attention to the red dots.

90% of childhood sexual abuse is committed by someone the child knows and trusts. But on the other hand, it's an excellent idea to keep track of sexual offenders who move into your area. Because they reoffend.

Its just sad but true. I did not leave my son alone with many people. If I had a daugther I would have been even more cautious.

Its just sad but true. I did not leave my son alone with many people. If I had a daugther I would have been even more cautious.
Boys are frequently the victims because of this assumption. I'm glad yours wasn't.

Good point Damo. I remember thinking that when he was little.My son thankfully rarely wanted to do a sleepover somewhere else. They were always doing it at my house. I let them run arround and have fun. My son has always been allowed to express his opinion even at a young age which made it much harder for someone to pressure him into something. Molesters prey on the kids who they can force into secrecy. Mine KNEW he could tell someone "I dont like that and I dont have to do it" its makes parenting harder but does them so much service throughout their lives.

Back