KY has a fine recessionary budget.

uscitizen

Villified User
No money for public defenders. Paitients in the local state mental hospital will have no legal protections. Public defender caseload was already over 500, before cuts.

Instate college tuttion to rise 9%
Out of state 6.6%

etc etc...

Damn outgoing republican Gov spent all he could. A true bushie.

No money for public defenders. Paitients in the local state mental hospital will have no legal protections. Public defender caseload was already over 500, before cuts.

Instate college tuttion to rise 9%
Out of state 6.6%

etc etc...

Damn outgoing republican Gov spent all he could. A true bushie.

Blah, Blah, Blah, every state is fucked right now. You cannot get more liberal than Massachusetts and this state is bleeding red.

KY is a Red state.
We just booted a bushie Republican gov that bled the contingency fund dry.
As a matter of fact a new law was passed limiting how much the gov can spend in an election year because of his bush methods.

KY is a Red state.
We just booted a bushie Republican gov that bled the contingency fund dry.
As a matter of fact a new law was passed limiting how much the gov can spend in an election year because of his bush methods.

Mass is a blue state. They must be using the Obama & Hillary methods. Better not vote for them then.

Basically I will vote for new blood in all elections, ecept maybe for a few local offices whom I know the people well. Heck I voted for 2 republicans on the state level last Nov, they had done a good job and were not Bushbots.

Basically I will vote for new blood in all elections, ecept maybe for a few local offices whom I know the people well. Heck I voted for 2 republicans on the state level last Nov, they had done a good job and were not Bushbots.

That don't impress me. I vote for Democrats in every San Francisco election! (of course my only options are Democrats or Greens but that's just a minor detail)

That don't impress me. I vote for Democrats in every San Francisco election! (of course my only options are Democrats or Greens but that's just a minor detail)

:)

Yep in the county I grew up in, everyone that used to run were Democrats whether they were or not.

Coal and union country then. I think bush carried the county both times though. Effects of increased drug abuse no doubt.

WA will be ousting our Dem gov. in favor of Dino Rossi this November. We have a totally useless state government here, and so the initiative and referendum process are highly useful, making non-officials like one, Tim Eyman, a household name and scourge of Olympia.

LOL, do you guys even have a green city councilman after Gonzalez left? That pretty much makes it a Democrat only city, doesn't it?

LOL, do you guys even have a green city councilman after Gonzalez left? That pretty much makes it a Democrat only city, doesn't it?

As far as technical green party members Ross Mirkarimi may be the only one on the Board of Supervisors. But there are several like Chris Daly that would choose the Green Party over the Democratic Party if forced to make a decision. Gavin Newsom is the mayor and he has the support the 'Democrat machine'. Most on the board run to the left of him and do not like him. So even if they do not officially register as Green they closely identify.

The only problem I have with the intiative system is the often sensationalistic and irrational laws passed under their guise.

In principle, I oppose direct democracy, but Olympia is so damn incompetent, I have to admit that the initiative process has done wonders for us. And yes, there is always some dumbass initiative on the ballot. In fact, in 2006 our smoking ban was enacted via either iniative or referendum (can't remember which), and passed with well over 60%.

In principle, I oppose direct democracy, but Olympia is so damn incompetent, I have to admit that the initiative process has done wonders for us. And yes, there is always some dumbass initiative on the ballot. In fact, in 2006 our smoking ban was enacted via either iniative or referendum (can't remember which), and passed with well over 60%.

Direct democracy is a good way to give the public room to let off steam whenever the government is being incompetent, so it keeps content high, and can act as another check on the government. It can also be sensationalistic, and a paragraph on the ballot to describe the initiative can hardly replace a long debate on the issue. I'm starting to lean towards direct democracy, though.

Back