Latest news from JesusLand...

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Knuckle dragging religious rightwing school refuses to let a female referee officiate a boys basketball game..... Because females can't have authority over males, in accordance with the theocon school's principles.

High-five to the male referee who walked off the court in support of her.

The Kansas State High School Activities Association said referees reported that Michelle Campbell was preparing to officiate at St. Mary's Academy near Topeka on Feb. 2 when a school official insisted that Campbell could not call the game.

The reason given, according to the referees: Campbell, as a woman, could not be put in a position of authority over boys because of the academy's beliefs.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/highschool/02/13/female.official.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

I notice Cypress missed that the next ref, former army guy, refused to do it as well when he realized it, nor what he had to say about it.

I notice Cypress missed that the next ref, former army guy, refused to do it as well when he realized it, nor what he had to say about it.

I also noticed he also didn't bother to mention that this organization was excommunicated from the Catholic church. No mention whatsoever that a religious group didn't approve of this sect either.

I also noticed he also didn't bother to mention that this organization was excommunicated from the Catholic church. No mention whatsoever that a religious group didn't approve of this sect either.
Yeah. But heck, if we point that out it is "spin".

These people better get their own refs, nobody likes them, even the Pope.

Knuckle dragging religious rightwing school refuses to let a female referee officiate a boys basketball game..... Because females can't have authority over males, in accordance with the theocon school's principles.

High-five to the male referee who walked off the court in support of her.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/highschool/02/13/female.official.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

It was a privates school. Even in Mississippi, this kind of stuff isn't tolerated in public schools.

I really feel bad for those kids who's parents send them to barely accredited Christian brainwash academies. That should be considered child abuse.

It breeds people who inherently distrust science and cling to faith for protection.

Not a good thing, obviously, but it is their right to do so.

I would love to see a way for kids to legally object to this kind of thing, but I don't see how it's feasible.

I don't think that parents own the children, but neither does the government. And if we starting intruding in that way, well, it would set a bigass precedent.

I don't think that parents own the children, but neither does the government. And if we starting intruding in that way, well, it would set a bigass precedent.

Yeah, that's the problem.

Status quo is better than establishing a shitty, easily-abuseable precedent for interfering in family lfie.

It was a privates school. Even in Mississippi, this kind of stuff isn't tolerated in public schools.

I didn't say these nuts should be put in jail. I'm mocking their appalling biblical sexism.

Berkely and anti-war protestors certainly got mocked a lot, for the Marine recruiting incident. It's part of the banter of ideologies. I'm perfectly comfortable defending the City of Berkeley and anti-war protestors, for the reasons they gave for their actions: military discrimination against gays, lying and making false promises to potential recruits, and fueling an immoral war on city public property. Those are reasons I agree with. Those who want to defend bibilical interpretations that women are subservient to men, are welcome to defend this church academy, or minimize thier actions. I'm comfortable with my positions regarding this church, and with berkeley. No one is going to jail. It's ideological banter.

Back